Chapter 22 : Confession

Third Person's P.O.V :-

"And so that's why I tried to use all my strength to wash the white clothes, the stains were too stubborn" Taehyung whispered with a pout on his lips while he walked by Jimin's side, describing why laundry was the hardest task among his chores.

Jimin smiled at the words and looked to his side to see Taehyung's side profile posing a pout.

"Doing laundry the traditional way in this day and age sounds hard, do you want me to convince her to buy washing machines?" Jimin asked, hoping to make his husband's life a little less hard.

Taehyung shook his head at the suggestion,"Mistress priorities traditions and authenticity above everything else, she'll only get angry at your suggestions" He stated and turned towards Jimin with a concerned look,"I don't want you to get scolded, she already dislikes the fact that you don't follow any of the rules of the clan" He said and sighed a little.

They both continued on in silence, both in deep thought when Jimin stopped walking.

Taehyung turned back to look at Jimin a few steps away, wondering why his husband suddenly stopped walking.

"Jimin...?" Taehyung called out in concern, noticing the dazed look on Jimin's face.

"Do you sometimes resent me for dragging you into this mess?" Jimin asked out, finally looking up to meet Taehyung's eyes.

"What..?" Taehyung asked again, not understanding where the conversation was heading.

"If I hadn't pointed at you that day saying I was in love with you then maybe you wouldn't have to be married to me" Jimin trailed off, looking down on the floor as he spoke,"Granny didn't even give you an option to refuse, she just ordered you to marry and you had to accept" He uttered out dejectedly.

Taehyung just sadly looked on, once again rendered speechless.

"She knew I was lying, I could see it in her eyes, yet she still forced you to marry me" He whispered, his fists clenching up, a little bit of anger sweeping in,"She didn't even ask if you liked boys, she just made you do it" Jimin uttered woefully.

Jimin sniffed a little and continued,"I grew up with you, in this house you were my only friend, every time I think about my childhood, you're always in my memories, smiling, accompanying me, playing with me" He lingered as he slowly looked up with his glassy eyes.

"That's why the thought that I might just have destroyed your life ate me away every day" He confessed, tears escaping the brim of his eyes,"And you're, Taehyung, you're too good to be true..!" He added urgently, taking rushed steps forward and engulfing Taehyung's hands within his own.

"You'd follow any command given to you without asking a single question" Jimin whispered, the tears finally rolling down his cheeks,"So whenever you approached me to initiate something, I-I couldn't help but wonder if those were your genuine feelings or you were just once again following orders" He whispered regretfully and once again rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung had no idea what to say or how to comfort his husband therefore just standing there and supporting Jimin's head was the only thing he could do as he silently listened to Jimin's troubled thoughts.

"I'm the worst kind of human being, Taehyung, I dragged you into something you didn't even want to be in and then emotionally neglected you, questioned your intentions, insulted you by taking Jungkook in and then asked you to take care of him" Jimin sobbed as his hands moved to hold Taehyung's biceps for support.

Somehow Jimin's words brought tears to Taehyung's eyes. He did feel a bit bitter that Jimin presumed that his actions were nothing but him just following orders but it also evoked a deep thought in Taehyung's mind.