Chapter 17 : Values

Third Person P.O.V :-

Knock!

Jungkook instantly perked up at the sound and looked over at the door, anticipating Taehyung's arrival.

A little girl stepped out from behind the door, her curious eyes settling down on Jungkook's form who was sat on the floor rummaging through his luggage.

"The breakfast has been served, sir, you are to come with me" The little girl squeaked out, a little nervous.

Jungkook just stared at her,"What about Taehyung? Why isn't he here?" He asked out.

"Brother Taehyung is likely resting in his sleeping quarter with young master Jimin, we're hoping they'd be able to make their way over to the dinning area before the breakfast starts" The girl answered, a little curious as to why the house guest was asking for Taehyung instead of Jimin,"Please follow me" She requested and waited for Jungkook to stand up so that she could lead him.

Jungkook was stunned at the information that the girl just gave him.

Taehyung went back to Jimin? After all that happened last night? Even after Taehyung himself sneaked inside his quarter at night?

Jungkook just couldn't make sense of the situation at all. When Taehyung suddenly showed up at his doorsteps, he was glad and overjoyed. At first he only thought he was there to check up on him.

Jungkook even prepared his heart for another guilt ridden look and harsh rejection but what came next caught him off guard.

Taehyung said he fought with Jimin regarding being intimate and ran out of there. Jungkook thought Taehyung had finally realised his feelings and decided to gave him a chance.

They even slept in the same place, hugging each other. Occasionally, Jungkook would open his eyes and just observe Taehyung blissfully snoozing away in his sleep as he clinged to Jungkook for dear life.

Jungkook couldn't control his smile that would just blossom on his lips in the middle of night by just the reassurance that Taehyung chose him over Jimin and that he was there in his arms.

He thought he'd wake up to Taehyung's warm touches and gentle shakes but instead all that greeted him was emptiness and silence.

Taehyung had run away.

Jungkook waited for him all morning, hoping he'd return but hours later there was still no sign of Taehyung.

And now the little girl said Taehyung had been in the bedroom with Jimin as if he had never snuck out of that room last night.

Jungkook was upset but more than anything he was angry. Angry at himself for believing Taehyung.

He should have known.

He should have known Taehyung was going to do this.

Jungkook smiled bitterly and stood up.

This was definitely not the first time Taehyung had pulled something like that.

He kept on giving Jungkook small crumbs of hope only to come and crush them later.

"Let's go" He said, urging the girl to lead the way.
_________________________

"Taehyung, you can walk beside me, you know?" Jimin asked slightly turning around to look at his husband who insisted on following after him while having his head lowered.

"What? Of course not, you're the young master of the clan, one of the top candidates in line to inherit the title of future Clan Master, I'll get scolded severally for walking alongside you" Taehyung reasoned out frowning his brows.