Chapter 14 : Hickey

Third Person's P.O.V :-

"Taehyung?" Jimin asked at the lack of response from Taehyung.

Taehyung just stared at him feeling like someone had sewed his jaw shut, not even a peep was passing through the corridor of his throat.

'Say yes! What are you doing?!?' One side of his brain screamed at him while the other side kept a tight grip around his neck.

He needed to give a response, Jimin was starting to look worried as Taehyung kept on giving him silence as the only answer.

"Is...is something wrong, Taehyung?" Jimin asked out in concern

"I-I need time" Taehyung choked out, anxious eyes looking out for any traces of anger flashing by Jimin's facial features,"Can I tell you my answer this evening?" He asked, tightly gripping the bedsheets waiting for Jimin's approval.

Jimin looked visibly let down at Taehyung's words but nodded reluctantly,"Yes, take your time, it's fine" He whispered and looked down to where Taehyung's hand was tightly gripping the bedsheets.

"Once again, I'm sorry if my actions have hurt you, Taehyung, I do wanna make up for it by being a good husband to you" Jimin softly uttered taking Taehyung's hand in his own.

Taehyung looked down, unable to keep looking at Jimin's kind face anymore,"You don't have to apologize, I just need a few moments to think is all" He whispered, trying to get his hand out of Jimin hold.

Jimin noticed the behavior and let go of the hand. Taehyung was instantly on his feet walking away from the bed as soon as he got his hand back.

"Do I....repulse you, Taehyung?" Jimin meekly asked Taehyung's retreating back,"Do you hate the thought of being with me?" He asked, he could feel his vision getting a bit blurry,"Taehyung?" He asked out again, uncertainly.

"Of course not" Taehyung answered not looking back,"I just...need some time to think things over, you should get some sleep in the meantime, I'll inform mistress that you'll be sleeping late today" He whispered and was out of the room within seconds.
_________________________

Taehyung walked around the koi pond of the garden in deep thought. Why did he ask for time? What was stopping him from saying yes?

Did he not want to be with Jimin? Of course not. Having a normal married life with Jimin was the only thing Taehyung had been dreaming about ever since he heard he'll have to marry Jimin.

So why was he hesitating? Was it possible that he secretly held a grudge against Jimin for having a crush on Jungkook?

But Taehyung knew even before marriage that Jimin was in love with someone else and later it turned out to be Jungkook so why would that effect him now?

He frowned. He just could not figure it out. What did he want? Why was he hesitating? He should agree. He's supposed to be a good husband to Jimin. He's supposed to take care of Jimin. He's in love with Jimin so why was he hesitating?

What was stopping him?

Suddenly the tear strained face of Jungkook flashed before his eyes.

Taehyung now focused on the surface of the pond water where his reflection could be seen looking back at him.

Was he conflicted because of what had happened between the two of them? Has he grown too accustomed to having Jungkook be the only one approaching him in an intimate way?

Taehyung's eyes widened as the realisation slowly sunk in.

That was why he had been avoiding Jimin's touches recently. Taehyung felt disgusted with himself. He was having an affair behind Jimin's back.