Revenge Is Just The Start

Start from the beginning

She was awake and she had been paying attention to the exchange between Kaz and I. When I met her eyes she winked at me.

I smiled so relieved to see her awake.  I came over and clutched her hands in my own, my eyes filling with tears.

" Nina I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so sorry. " I said brokenly

I felt Jesper put a hand on my shoulder lightly and Kaz was watching me looking stricken.  He hated seeing me cry.  He was about to get up to come over to me but Nina stopped him saying softly," No Kaz you cannot always rush to her when she gets upset. Give her space to feel and work through it."

Kaz shifted in his seat,he was uncomfortable. He hated anyone seeing him being vulnerable.

I wanted to go to him myself but I knew it would only make it worse for him.

Nina sighed and focused back on me as she said gently," Amira you have nothing to feel sorry about.  We both should have known better and not underestimated Carlon's obsession with you.  I'm just happy that you're safe and not in that monster's hands."

Nina turned back to Kaz as she growled," Kaz we need to find that prick and end him. "

Kaz's eyes sparked,"Nina it's at the top of my priorities. He will pay for what he's done I assure you. "

I squeezed Nina's hands getting her attention back on me. " Are you going to be okay Nina? please be honest with me I can take it. "

Nina sighed," I am going to be fine, I had a bad concussion and I needed stitches. I lost alot of blood but that can be remedied with some iron rich foods.  Speaking of which I'm starved, Jesper darling can you get me a nice piece of steak and something strong to drink. "

Jesper frowned glancing over at Kaz briefly who just glared at him. He faced Nina again as he asked her quietly, " Should you be drinking already Nina?"

Nina frowned as she growled,  " I think I've earned it don't you. Besides Kaz isn't about to tell me I cannot drink.  I'm a grown ass woman. I'll make you piss yourself if you try stop me."

Kaz hung his head briefly clearly exasperated with her before he muttered," I'm not saying you can't do anything woman,as I know better.  Jesper go get her something would you. "

Jesper grinned,he squeezed my shoulder affectionately and winked at me before he left us.

Nina looked at me and actually took time to notice my outfit, she grinned wider as she said, " Kaz don't you think Amira looks stunning. You're still giving us money to shop for more later on.  I am dying for some retail therapy."

Kaz growled and Nina laughed. I grinned at the two of them enjoying their playful banter. They really did act like siblings.

Kaz got up from his seat and came around to stand in front of me.  I felt my heart racing at his closeness.  He was looking at me so hungerly it made my stomach quiver.

He leaned closer to whisper," You look absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to have you alone to enjoy you."

I bit my groan as my mind started racing with entirely inappropriate things,considering  present company.

I could see Nina grinning at me from her bed and I felt myself blushing.

Kaz kissed my cheek sweetly before he left the room.

I went over to occupy the seat he'd previously occupied.

Nina said sweetly," That man is lost for you Amira. I've never seen him like this. It's absolutely beautiful to see honestly.  I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever be truly happy. So thank you for that. "