| ʙʀᴇᴡɪɴɢ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ | ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

As you stepped out of the cave into the crisp night air, you glanced at the fireworks blasting from the trio's build. The fireworks expanded into the different shapes from the different patterns you'd bought, all exploding into your teams' favorite colors.

  "Wow..." Jesse whispered beside you. "We actually won."

  You turned to him, the awe and satisfaction in his eyes were shining from the light of the stars, and the colorful bursts were reflected in his eyes. You couldn't help the... aloof? Goofy? Proud? Well, whatever kind of smile it was, it was accompanied by a contented feeling in your chest.

  You watched the fireworks until the last one shot out, firing a brilliant (f/c) and fizzling away into the night sky. You turned to look for your team, ready to go. but realized someone was missing.

  "Jesse, where's Petra?" You asked, worry building in your stomach.

  Did she leave without us? But is she does the trade before we can get there, it'll be harder to stop the wither...

  You had prepared too much to let everything go to waste. Okay, maybe you hadn't done that much, but you had made friends with the main characters and written down the plot. I mean, what else could you have done? 

  ...

  Don't answer that question.

  Jesse looked back towards the cave in distaste, "She said she was going to look for Lukas, and to meet her at the con. Reuben might have made his way there too..." 

  You sighed, "I guess we should head out then..." Before you could begin walking down the bridge, a hand grabbed your wrist.

  "Y/n... you know how Lukas and us, or the ocelots, don't really... you know..." Jesse stammered, looking at the ground. His voice quivered, and you sympathized with the boy, though you weren't entirely sure what he was thinking.

  "I get it, Jess. I know how they make fun of you." You grasped Jesse's hand. "Well, at least now I do." You sheepishly chuckled, glancing up at him. He didn't look up to meet your eyes, "Don't worry Jesse. We won the build competition, and remember that bet I made? They won't bother you guys anymore."

  Jesse sighed and looked up at you with a half-hearted smile, "Thanks Y/n..."

  You nodded, tugging him forwards, "We should hurry to Endercon, it is the first one I've ever been to!"

  Jesse didn't reply, his expression still blank. Not paying it any mind, you tugged him along the bridge.

  That's not what I meant...

----

    The two of you had made it halfway down the bridge when the mobs finally decided to show up. The long wait had given you hope that you wouldn't have to jump a good hundred feet into the rushing water below, but of course, the world hates you.

  You stared blankly at the mobs, too tired to deal with this while Jesse pulled out his new sword and got into a fighting stance. Multiple creepers were approaching, and one began to flash as it. Panicking, you looked to where Jesse was about to take a swing at the creeper... between you and the edge of the unrailed bridge.

  Not knowing what hit him -literally- Jesse screamed as he was thrown off of the bridge by a shoving force. 

  You laughed as you fell, a mix of adrenaline and nervousness coursing through your body as the wind violently tousled your hair. It would have been more enjoyable if -a few good seconds later than he should have- Jesse realized it was you who pushed him and clung onto you for dear life.