| ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ | ᴛᴡᴏ

'---' marks a time skip or change of perspective, while '---' marks the start/ end of a note from myself.

---

  Him and his two friends had been exploring, hoping to get inspiration for the upcoming Endercon building competition. He knew he would never admit it, but his friend seemed to be pretty lost. Thankfully, they stumbled upon a decent sized house. No one seemed to be around, yet the torches scattered on the ground and walls were still burning.

  Jesse leapt at this opportunity for adventure. He'll admit, he was pretty tired of his mundane life, and what kind of setup did this seem like? Getting lost in the woods, just to find an empty house... just like the murder book that everyone had been raving about lately! "Come on, let's check it out."

  "...I don't like the look of this, Jesse" Axel muttered, pulling on his friend's arm.

  Olivia stepped up, "I agree with Axel on this one, literally no one lives out here, this person probably chose to build here for a reason."

  Jesse sighed before getting an idea, "You're not scared, are you Axel?" He poked his friend's side with a mischievous grin.

  Olivia sighed, crossing her arms. "We know what you're doing, Jesse."

  Jesse continued, a mix of taunting and sarcasm laced in his voice, "Well, I guess if you two are such scaredy-cats, I'll just have to explore on my own..." He trailed as he turned towards the house, his nerves setting in. Was this technically considered breaking and entering?

  Before Jesse was halfway to the door, Axel called out, "Wait, wait! I'm coming too, buddy!" As he sped up his pace to catch up, Olivia sighed, soon following the pair.

---

  You were in the basement to your house, which you had built shortly after returning from your first trip. You'd made maps, which you had laid out on a wall to chart where you had been. It had been about two weeks, and so far you had fully filled out twelve maps. They were just small ones, but it was progress considering how long it took you to find sugarcane. You had also been a bit preoccupied toying with the game mechanics in person.

  You'd found that unlike in game, there was no inventory menu, though items were smaller than when placed, and your pockets seemed to be a bit bigger than they seemed. Though, this could barely compare to the thirty-six inventory -and one off hand- slot you were used to.

  Maps also worked differently. Though you still didn't have to draw them yourself, it took time for them to develop, like a polaroid photo. And locator maps were presumably non-existent.

  Plus, items didn't despawn if you placed them down, which added to the... organized chaos of the bedroom and basement of your house.

  Your head snapped upwards as you heard the sound of a door clicking open. More specifically, your front door. You gulped. 

  Has a zombie broken in? It must have a helmet then, so there's a good chance it has a sword too...

  "Helloo! Is anyone home!?" A male voice rang in your ears from upstairs.

  You took your hand off your sword's hilt, cautiously sneaking upstairs. For precautionary measures, you had built multiple traps and secret doors in your house, so unless you were there, getting out of your house would be quite the challenge.

  You heard gasps as an intruder stepped on the tripwire you had set, triggering the piston door which blocked the entrance, and their only exit. You smiled at your cunning trap, though faltered when you realized instead of shutting out a mob, it was a person.