As the world caves in... (HCSB RP AU Songfic)

Another part in my Hermitcraft Soulbound AU which is honestly more, torture EX and Keralis AU- Oh and Jeff now. Yayyy

Lil context for all of y'all, this is the official Demon list. Lorde Demons are generally very very bad, but some are acceptable. (Lord Equinox for life <33. Well, they've kinda been an asshole lately but whatever-) Sapnap is the demon prince btw. Oh and Jeff is a human now-

Red: The Demon King (He/him) - Most Powerful Demon (Alive but possesed)
Orange: Lord Garnit (He/him) - "The Ambitious" (Killed by Culios)
                  Lord Dolion (It/He) - "...?" (Alive...?)
                  Sapnap (He/him) - Demon Prince (Alive but captured)
Yellow: Lord Lumis (She/they) - "The Heart..? No, Illusionist" (Alive :/)
Green: Jeff ig? (It/he/they) - Used to be a mind demon (Alive as a human)
Blue: Lord Barathi (They/it) - "The Knowledgeable" (Alive)
Purple: Lord Equinox (They/it) - "The Balance" (Alive)
                 Beth (She/her) - X's Mind Demon (Very sadly alive)
                 Camille (She/her I think) - Mind Demon (Alive but captured)
Pink: Reanna (She/her) - Ren's mind demon (Alive)
White: Lord Culios (She/they/he) - "The Collector" (Killed by Jeff)
Black: Lord Alle (She/they?) - "The Chaos" (Needs to die but alive)
               Lord Voidles (Idfk) - "AHHH" (Alive)
Gold: Lord Ariel (They/them) - "The Fallen", a fallen angel (Alive)

Characters: EX, Ren, mentioned X

Relationship: EX x Ren x Hels

Words: 451

Type: Angsty songfic

Trigger Warning: Talk about suicide, actual suicide, talk of death

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

My feet are aching,

And your back is pretty tired...

Their breathing is hard and heavy, feet screaming in pain as EX leaps from the top of the tower and lands roughly on the rooftiles. That's gonna hurt later... Whatever.

And we've drunk a couple bottles, babe,

And set our grief aside.

Karl's panicked scream still rang in xeir ears, fresh from a few moments ago. EX had done what they needed to do, for Karl's sake. They hoped he had actually been teleported to Sapnap, at least the Demon Prince could keep him safe.

The papers say it's doomsday,

The button has been pressed.

EX heard an ear piercing screach and didn't need to look back to know that the bitch black, smokey hawks were right on xeir tail. Dodging out of the way of a swipe, xay rolls to the side and keeps running.

We're gonna nuke each other up, boys.

'Til old Satan stands impressed...

Xe skids to a stop, almost tumbling off the edge of the roof. EX looks down, the world swaying and swishing around them. The roof was way too high to jump off and EX had already used up too much magic to teleport safely...

And here it is, our final night alive.

And as the earth burns to the ground,

They try to run to the side but a seering pain rips through xeir arm, casuing them to cry out in pain. "OW FUCK" The hawks claws dig into their arm, lifitng EX off the ground and into air, black magic wrap around xem.

Oh, girl, it's you that I lie with...

As the atom bomb locks in...

Three figures appeared on the roof. "EX!!!" Jeff screamed from down below, it looked frozen in fear as Karl and Sapnap stood beside them, having to hold it back so that it wouldn't get himself hurt or worse, killed. Lord Alle had no fear when it came to the attacks, they weren't worried about hurting those in her way.

Oh, it's you I watch TV with.

As the world...

As the world caves in...

They could hear the three panicking, trying to figure out what to do. But it was simply too late. The hawks would swoop and attack, screeching. Eret was taken too, just another prize for Culios...

But that was a long time ago.

You put your final suit on,

I paint my fingernails.

Now, EX lay in their sibling's arms, on an oddly comfortable bed in the Purple Castle in the birealm. It had been...a long..week? Few days? Night? Too long. Ren had died, really died. But he's alive now, at least Lord Ariel takes pity on mortals.

Oh, we're going out in style, babe.

And everything's on sale.

They felt horrible for what they had to do. But it was necessary. X would....get over it eventually, they all would. EX gently rolls from X's grip, standing up shakilly and writing a final note.

We creep up on extinction,

I pull your arms right in...

It had to happen, xe had made a demon deal. If they didn't complete xeir end... Well it wouldn't be ideal, let's go with that. They carefully shut the door to the bedroom, walking slowly through the castle, almost begging someone to stop xem.

I weep and say, "Goodnight, love"

While my organs pack it in

But no one did. EX reached the roof, a few tears dripped down and hit the cold, dry roof tiles. They take a slow step forward... Xe stands on the very edge, half a foot dangling off dangerously. You remember the deal, right? Yes. I do. Then do it, in a few minutes, you will be dead.

And here it is, our final night alive.

And as the earth burns to the ground...

They take another step, almost falling off, reading xemself for what xay were about to do. It was tim-

Oh, girl, it's you that I lie with...!

As the atom bomb locks in...

"EX!!!" A painted and distressed voice screamed from behind them and EX whips around. A tight grasp yanks them from the edge. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? I-I..." Ren stutters, already crying.

Oh, it's you I watch TV with.

As the world, as the world caves...

"..." EX doesn't speak, more purple tears rolling down as xe pulls their rist away. Ren gives xem a hurt look and opens their mouth to speak. "I love you Ren, I'm sorry..."

Oh, it's you that I lie with

As the atom bomb locks in

And they

f

e

l

l

.

.

.

EX was gone.

Yes, it's you I welcome death with

As the world, as the world caves in

And The Helper woke up.

As the world caves in...