𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺

"Come in everyone!" Wally exclaimed, wrapping an arm around my waist and backing us away from the door.

I felt fireworks go off inside my heart, a red blush exploding onto my cheeks. One by one, each neighbor entered joyfully.

"I was able to find you a camera, gumdrop!" Sally exclaimed, holding it out to me and smiling softly.

"Oh, and I brought your pictures!" Eddie jumped in, waving a bright red envelope next to his head.

Julie and Frank pushed through the two, excitedly holding the cake inches from my face.

"Frank and I spent allllllll day baking this cake for you! We didn't know what flavor you liked so.. we put every cake flavor into different sections." Julie laughed, her eyes sparkling up at me as if I were famous.

Frank ushered Julie and the cake out of the way, moving to the dining table and setting it down gently. I felt tears swell up in my eyes, I was so happy. I can't believe Wally did all of this for me. Howdy walked over to Wally and held up a bag of apples, his face lighting up immediately. I giggled as Wally eyed the bag hungrily.

"Thought I'd bring these over as a truce. No more stealing for you, mr. Darling!" Howdy joked, making his way past us and setting it near the cake.

Lastly, Poppy and Barnaby made their way in and engulfed me in a massive hug. Poppy pulled away shortly after and dug into a pocket on the front of her purple cardigan. She pulled out a lilac envelope and set it gently into my hands, placing a wing onto my shoulder.

"Open this when you miss us." She said sweetly, giving me a small smile and patting her wing on Barnaby's back.

Barnaby finally let me go and moved to mingle with the other neighbors, leaving Wally and I standing together by the door. Wally squeezed my waist gently and smiled.

"Go enjoy the house party, darling. I'm going to put these lily's in a vase for you. Save some cake for me, haha!" Wally exclaimed cheerfully, leaning in and planting a warm kiss to my cheek.

"I will, I promise. Thank you, Wally." I choked out, not being able to hold back my happy tears.

Wally kissed away my tears and gently let go, moving into the kitchen and opening a cabinet. I dried my face with the sweater sleeve and felt someone take a hold of my hand.

Julie.

Julie smiled sweetly and walked me into the kitchen, leading me up to the end of the table in front of the cake.

"Here's a knife to cut the cake with- it's kind of like a guessing game, haha! No clue what flavor you'll get." She laughed, picking up a kitchen knife and holding it out to me.

I smiled and took it, gently pressing it down into the soft cake. I cut it into pieces and started placing each onto a plate, having enough for every neighbor. I grabbed two random slices and backed away from the table, watching as everyone talked and laughed. I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me back, a head resting on my shoulder.

"Awh, you're wearing my sweater." Wally whispered, placing a kiss on my neck.

I blushed and turned, holding out a cake slice to Wally.

"I saved you one.. I don't know if you'll like the flav-" before I could finish, Wally had taken the plate from my hands and began blinking away at it.

Wally finished it within the blink of an eye, literally. He set his plate down onto the coffee table and pulled me down onto the couch with him. I started picking away at the chocolate cake, listening as Wally began to talk.