↻հąքէҽɾ Ƒìѵҽ

"No.. no stay away from me!"
I screamed as I rolled off my bed, scrambling to the nearest wall. The blue haired man that had once laid next to me was now sitting criss-cross apple-sauce staring deep into my eyes. He held my eye contact, then began to laugh in a monotone voice. He started to crawl from his spot on my bed to the floor and then towards where I sat against the wall.
"Stay back!" I yelled again.
In the matter of seconds, my door was flung open and my parents ran in.
"What happened honey?? Is someone else in here?" My mother asked in a panicked voice and began to look around my room. I don't know how she didn't see him in front of me. I couldn't look at her, I was too scared to break eye contact with.. him.
My mother waved her hand in front of my face as my father grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me. I couldn't feel anything else around me.
It was just him and I.
He reached his hand out and touched the side of my face. He leaned in, and then, out of no where -
His eyes rolled out of their sockets and splatted onto the floor. Red blood oozed from his mouth and spilled over my feet and over his detached eyeballs.
I screamed and kicked and cried.
SMACK
My mother had slapped me across the face, and fortunately, out of my trance.
I looked up at her and began to sob as she hugged me. I glanced up at my father who looked at me with fear, almost as if I'm some kind of monster.
I buried my face back into my mothers shoulder and in a matter of seconds, passed out from stress.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Rough night?" My mother said, trying to lighten the gloomy mood at breakfast.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that."
Honestly, I don't know what happened. I think my brain just forced me to forget everything from last night. Whatever that was, it was worse than a nightmare. It was hell. My mother crossed over to me from behind the kitchen counter and hugged me from behind.
"I think all this major league detective stuff is getting to your head. I scheduled a doctors appointment, just to make sure you're getting enough sleep since these.. nightmares have been bothering you." She turned me around in the spinning counter chair and brushed some strands of hair from my face.
"It won't take long, I promise. You can get back to the big world and go to your big job." She smiled at me. It was hard to feel upset when she smiled.
"Alright. Let me finish my toast and we can head that way- only if you're driving. I cannot handle to walk anywhere today." I said half-jokingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, my name is Dr. Red. You must be the mother?" The man in a white trench coat said, peering over his small glasses at my mom.
"Yes sir, I just have a few concerns. My child has been experiencing terrible nightmares-"
"just one last night!" I jumped in. I cannot afford to stay home and miss such important work days.
"-yes, but I'm worried. My child has never had such terrible eye-bags. It all started after they were assigned to work as junior detective. This.. might not be relevant, but my father had schizophrenia and so did his siblings. I know it can spread through family.. it's rude to assume that but- do you think my child could hav-"
"You think I'm crazy?" I shouted, bouncing up from the stool. I couldn't bear to hear my mother say another word. I'm fine. I'm a perfectly normal adult. There's nothing wrong with me.
"There's nothing wrong with me. There is nothing wrong with me!"
I screamed at my mom. How dare she? I couldn't stop the tears that ran down my face as I ran out of the doctors office. I heard my mothers voice calling for me, but she made no advance to come after me. Of course she wouldn't. She left her father to rot because he was screwed in the head - now she's leaving me too.
I'm not crazy.
I'm not crazy.
I'm not crazy.

į'ʍ ղօէ çɾąՀվ.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I clocked in at the office and made my way to the detectives room. Unlocking the door, I sat down in my chair and pulled the burglary case file from my stack. Work always helps get my mind off things. I could work on this all night and get it solved by tomorrow morning.
And that's exactly what I did.