Chapter Two

Descriptions of puppets, drawings of a show nobody remembers, photos of eight children. As I turn the photos over, they each have different dates all one week apart from each other. Weirdly enough, they were all taken when the child was drawing or watching something.
I picked up one photo with the edge falling apart from decay. Inside, you can see a little girl who looks about six drawing and laughing. Looking closer, I realize I recognize that drawing. I move my hands through the pile, pushing everything away until I grab the folded piece of paper and hold it next to the photo. It matches. I flip the drawing over to reveal a name, Tracy Olan. I move over to sit in front of my computer, unlocking it and going straight to google. I slowly type her name into the search and press enter. It takes a few minutes for a page to finally pop up.

"Girl Reported Missing in Louisville Kentucky - 3 Years Left Unsolved"

I felt bile come up my throat. If she's missing and someone sent her drawing, that can only mean one thing. The kidnapper is still here. I searched through the sea of drawings for the photos of different children, searching all of their names from their drawings and connecting the pattern. Eight children all went missing within a week of each other. The dates on the back are the day the photos were taken and the unfortunate day of disappearance. I held up one drawing by a young boy named Fernando, noticing the show title in the back.
"Welcome Home"
I typed the name of the show into the google search bar, I was brought to a very colorful page and greeted by a yellow puppet with blue swirly hair smiling at me. I scrolled through the website and read about it being a 'restoration project'. A group of unnamed individuals are collecting pieces of this show to revitalize it and document it on this web page. It seems like a fun hobby but I can't let myself get distracted. I click on a link taking me to a page where I can "meet the neighborhood", I scroll down to see an array of colorful houses. I click through each one and read the descriptions of all the puppets, nothing seems out of place until I get to the center house.

Wally Darlings house.

It turns out his house is actually alive. Something.. rather strange I noticed is that he's the only referenced in current times in his description. I can tell why this show was pulled off air, this puppet never looks away. It's like he's staring at you through the screen. I double click every image that feels off and save it to be printed out. I continue to click around the page with no luck. With a frustrated sigh, I slam my hands on the keyboard, accidentally pressing the TAB key which revealed one space I hadn't clicked yet. It was on the path to Wally's house, just right under the entrance. I clicked the glowing blue box and was sent to a different page titled "So Below". It made me el very uncomfortable, to say the least. There was Wally sitting under the eye of home. He looked as if he were... worshipping it. I saved the image to add to the growing collection of 'evidence'. I'll have to go collect it at the post office tomorrow, but for now, I've settled on pulling out a cork board from my closet and pinning the photos with the drawings in different spots. Maybe if I can solve this on my own, I'll prove myself to the Sargent and Mr. Johnson!
Maybe, I'll get to take on real cases earlier than I had planned.

 Johnson! Maybe, I'll get to take on real cases earlier than I had planned