𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘛𝘸𝘰

"Burn him??" I whispered, glancing around nervously.

"Wally, you're insane! You still need Home, you live in him. Plus- its best not to anger him, what if he heard you? He could hurt the both of us." I said quietly, stepping away from him.

"Don't worry, my darling." He laughed out, moving away from the sink and to the kitchen door, stopping to glance back at me.

"Leave it all to me." He whispered, winking and waltzing out of the room.

I stood frozen for a few moments. I severely underestimated how idiotic this man was.

"Wally, wait! Don't just leave me here alone, I can barely do anything without my hands!" I yelled after him, stumbling out of the kitchen.

I looked around and groaned as he was no where in sight. I awkwardly made my way to the couch and sat down, grimacing at the blood stains my hands left behind. 

"That's the point." He giggled from behind me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

At this point, I was so used to him popping out of no where that it didn't startle me anymore. I leaned my head back into him, enjoying the new found warmth in Wally's embrace. I sighed contemptuously and closed my eyes, relishing in the blissful moment.

My eyes shot open as a thought crept into my mind.

"Wally- I totally forgot that we still needed to plan out the television connectors. Who knows how much time we have.. my mother knows we're trying to end this whole thing. What if she told the church? What if they can shut down the neighborhood?" I mumbled, starting to spiral.

"Darling-" Wally whispered, my rambling cutting him off.

"We need to get this done fast! We're on a time limit.. oh god, what if they're already shutting it down? What if we're too late-" I choked out, leaning forward and drowning in my thoughts.

"Darling!" Wally said assertively, cutting off my overthinking.

"Nothing bad is going to happen, I assure you. We can spend today relaxing together! We have plenty of time, my dear. I won't let anything bad happen to you or the neighborhood." He leaned down and placed a kiss on top of my head.

"But what if something bad happens to you." I whispered, looking down at my tied hands.

Wally stayed silent. An unsettling atmosphere flooded into the room, creeping around my neck and choking me as the silence left me feeling scared. He slowly removed his arms from around my shoulders and stepped back, the sound of his shoes clicking against the wood flooring filled my ears.

"Let's.. discuss another topic." Wally announced, walking around the couch and into my view.

"Wally, I- okay... do you think you could untie my hands? I really want to get this done, at least sketched out before anything.. just- please?" I whispered, swallowing the anxious lump in my throat.

Wally sat down in the spot next to me on the couch, pressing a finger to his chin and pursing his lips.

"I suppose, I could. There really wasn't a need for them after you awoke, I just liked having such power over you, haha!" Wally giggled happily, reaching and taking the belt into his hands.

I scoffed and held in the curses I wanted to yell at him, forgetting my fears entirely. Bitch really tied up my hands just to get a laugh out of it, what a dick! I watched as he undid the belt buckle and slowly slid it off of my hands, placing it onto the coffee table. I hissed in pain as I ran my hands over the red line that stretched across my wrists.

"Wally, do you have construction paper?" I asked, glancing up at him.

"Why, of course I do! It's in the paint room with all of my other crafting supplies. I'm assuming you'll need it to.. draw out your little design?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and crossing his legs.

"Yes, I will. It's easier if I have it all planned out on a big sheet of paper so we can see exactly how every mechanism will function." I stated, ignoring his snicker.

I rolled my eyes and stood, making my way past him and down the hallway to the paint room. I flicked the light on and inhaled proudly as I glanced over at the investigation wall. I still can't believe I've made it this far.. now, we were in the final stretch of it all. I made my way over to the small desk in the corner and rummaged around the messy paper pile on top. I pulled out a fairly large piece of white construction paper and laid it onto the desk, glancing down to the floor and noticed a runaway pen. I leaned down and grasped it, my eyes traveling under the desk and noticing a.. canvas? It looked so.. old. It was a blue and white painting of a tired face peering above various citizens walking about, seemingly going on with their daily lives. Was this.. Wally painting how he felt when he was stuck here? It was awfully depressing, just looking at it sent chills down my spine. I leaned back up and pulled the small wooden chair out, sitting down in it and staring down at the white paper in front of me.

Where do I even begin?

———-

Wally entered the room carrying a nicely put together dinner. He made his way over to the desk and set the small tray next to me, glancing over my shoulder at the now finished sketch.

"My, how lovely! I never knew you could sketch such marvelous inventions." Wally cooed, smiling down at me.

"Thank you, Wally!" I exclaimed, casting my eyes over at the tray.

Wally had prepared Croque Monsieur, and it smelled absolutely delicious. I licked my lips and picked up the sandwich, admiring how well made it was. I never knew Wally had a taste for French cuisines. I hummed in delight as I took a bite out of the sandwich, smiling as it was heated to the perfect temperature.

"Wally, this is amazing!" I said, taking another bite and savoring the flavor.

Wally smiled happily and began making his way back to the doorway, giving me space to work through any issues with my sketch.

"Wait," I said, putting the half eaten sandwich back onto the plate.

"Do you know anyone who's good at putting things together? Like.. someone who's good with puzzles, maybe?" I asked, scooting the chair back.

Wally never turned around. I watched his shoulders tense and his hand clench into itself, his body expression quickly changing back to relaxed. I knew something wasn't right.

"No, I don't believe I do." He whispered, reaching a hand forward and gripping the doorknob.

"What about Barnaby? I swear I saw puzzles on his coffee table the last time-"

"No."

Wally stated, opening the door and shutting it gently.

I sat alone in the paint room, sighing and looking back down at the project sheet.

I thought Wally would be of some help to me,

But It seems I was wrong.