24ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ ȶաɛռȶʏ-ʄօʊʀ24

Before I start this chapter, I wanted to share with you the cat cookies my close friend was inspired to bake from Julie! Aren't they adorable?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Now onto the story;

Wally had suggested we interview the rest of the neighborhood so when we got back, we could sort the information thoroughly and connect some final puzzle pieces. I looked down at the little list I had on my notepad, the top name being Howdy as the next neighbor to interrogate.

"Wally, where is Howdy's store?" I asked, taping my pen against the spirals on the notepad.

"Oh.. it's just that way. Are you sure you want to interview him before the others?" Wally said, sounding oddly nervous.

I side-eyed him and nodded. He let out a loud sigh and began leading me down the path and towards and fairly big store, just across the way of Eddie's post-office. He walked slowly up to the door and reached his hand out, holding the glass swing door open for me. I smiled at him and stepped into the very green establishment, watching a tall caterpillar-like man come out of the back and wave as he noticed me.

"Hello there, you! You're the new neighbor everyone's been talking about, yes?" He said, resting two of his hands on the counter.

Before I could say anything, Wally shuffled next to me. Howdy immediately lifted himself off the counter and crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at Wally.

"I thought I banned you, THIEF!" Howdy said, staring Wally down.

I looked over at Wally who shrugged and gave Howdy and cheeky smile. His attention quickly turned to the apples just to the right of where Howdy was stood.

"Uhm.. here, Wally, go stand over there and don't touch anything." I said, giving a dismissive wave in Wally's direction.

Howdy dropped his arms to his side, turning his attention back to me and smiling.

"I'm sorry about that.. anyways, what brings you here? Looking to buy some groceries?" He said happily.

"It's quite alright. I'm here to ask you a few questions.. about the children that went missing here years ago. Do you mind?" I asked, flipping open my notepad and smiling up at him.

"Oh! Sure, I don't see why not." He said, leaning against the counter. "Hit me."

"Alright, did you ever have any contact with the children?" I said, scribbling Howdy's name at the top of the page.

"Why, of course! We all did. I remember us all playing hopscotch outside of Julie's house the first time a kid showed up. Never knew where they went after that." He said somberly.

I scribbled it down, circling the fact all of them had met and interacted with the child(ren). This might serve as a reason to re-interrogate Julie and Eddie for false statements.