Unexpected Guest

A/N: Hey guys long time no see! My excuse this time is uh uhm uhhh
anyways more gay people

Vigorous knocks ring from the far wall in Vampire's bedroom. The sound amplified as Vampire had neglected to close the door, seeing as it had only ever been him and Alchemist living in the large home, and she never went upstairs all that much, Vampire never felt the need to. With his arms entangled with Licorice's he stays laying down and he calls out to Alchemist.

"What is it, Alch" he asks sleepily.

"Someone's downstairs asking for you two."

With that the duo jolt up, Licorice still especially dazed as he had only just then woken up.

"uh-huh! Who?!"

Alchemist shrugs, "Don't know her name but I've seen her around Mint Choco Cookie a few times."

Vampire and Licorice look at each other for a moment before getting out of bed. By now it's well into the afternoon but the duo are both still half asleep. They scramble down stairs, messily patting down their bed-heads and adjusting their crumpled clothes.

"Cocoa Cookie?" Vampire exclaims, spotting her seated in the living room.

"Vampire, Licorice!" She cheers, getting up from her seat. She goes in to hug Vampire, and then Licorice, who for a moment hesitates to reciprocate.

"What are you doing here?" Licorice asks, hoping to not come off as rude.

"Oh I just wanted to stop by since I was in the kingdom!"

"And Mint Choco?" Vampire interjects.

"Ah, at the juice bar with the guys, you know. I was just there with him. Part of why I came was because I didn't see you two there! I asked Sparkling Cookie but he just shrugged."

Vampire and Licorice share another look.

Cocoa continues, "Anywho! We should get going to the juice bar and meet up with the others! I'm sure they'll be happy to see you two!"

Cocoa bounces in place with a beaming smile as she awaits for a response from the two. All the while Vampire and Licorice continues to share glances at one another as they hold onto forced smiles.

"Cocoa, I'm sorry. I just... can't go." Licorice says, still forcing a smile.

"Aw, why not?"

"Ah- well, you see... We're not out-!," Licorice looks over to Vampire, who was now half zoned-out of the conversation. "Lots of cookies here don't know We're together and it's, difficult to go out together!" Licorice nudges Vampire. "Right?"

"Uh! Yeahh. We aren't. Real sad, just can't risk it."

"Oh, We'll I'm sorry to hear that. The cookies here seem like good folk but I guess you can never be too sure." She places her hands on both their shoulders. "But just know, you'll always have the support and solidarity of your friends."

As the two stay confused but partly amused by Cocoa's gesture, she walks back towards the door. As she opens the door to leave she turns back for a moment.

"Hope to see you two again soon! Maybe we can do another double date some time? Goodbye!!"

With that she waves and walks out the door. Back to the kingdom.

Licorice and Vampire wave back, but a lingering curiosity is brewing. Vampire hunches down from his stiff pose and turns to Licorice once it seems Cocoa has walked off the property. Licorice is still looking at the door, worried, he looks at Vampire who is completely unfazed.

"Want to go back upstairs?"

The question feels oddly suggestive, but Licorice is hardly processing his words.

"Or do you want to go?"

Suddenly Licorice is back on the scene and his heart race has spiked.

No.
I should but I don't want too.

He lets out a "What" instinctively and Vampire places a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you want us to go after Cocoa? To the juice bar?"

The hand on his shoulder holds him up for a minute and Licorice grabs his wrist. He lets out a audible sigh, it was dumb to think Vampire would bring up Licorice leaving for good. He likely doesn't even know Alchemist has been trying to kick him out and he's been putting off going out of a selfish desire for ... well this.

But go to the juice bar? The last attempt to take him to the juice bar was, something. He figured it would be the last.

"Maybe if you just walk into the kingdom casually they won't think you're up to something?" Vampire picks up, after a solid minute of Licorice's silence.

"Doesn't that still feel suspicious? They could think it's a reverse psychology type- thing. Plus- We just lied to Cocoa to get out of going!"

"We haven't lied, the cookies here don't know we're together. And they won't think twice if your with me."

"You have a good reputation in the kingdom?"

"... Maybe. I dunno, we'll see once we get there."

He stands before Licorice, his back to the door. Something is different now, he's less worried. So confident, yet still the calm, sleepy cookie he woke up next to.

He might as well. What else does he really have to lose? He's left the Cookies of Darkness. Is he really even an enemy to the Kingdom anymore?

He reaches out for Vampire and grabs his arm.

"Let's go."