Chapter 7: The Quickest Way To The Heart

Start from the beginning

Me: yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes

Then it happened...

I looked up at his face before seeing him smile...

And you can bet that I took a picture of it too!

I could only stare hopelessly at the bright smile he aimed at me as he spoke up with something close and between hope and determination.

Y/N: alright!- let's get started then!

Picking up the vegetables, I watched as he quickly found the sink. He washed and cleansed all of the produce before walking back to grab a large pot from the table.

He filled the pot with water, and found the stove.

Admittedly, I was a little concerned at first...I mean...a blind guy cooking?...weird, I know. But a girls gotta eat some else than MREs!

I watched as he flicked on the stove while placing the water filled pot over the flames. He then quickly covered the pot to let it heat up to a boil, but in the mean time, he quickly dashed over to table once more to grab the packages of beef.

Y/N: is there a chopping block anywhere?

I pulled up my scroll.

Me: yes.

Opening up on of the lower cabinets, I managed to pull out a small sized chopping block before handing it to him.

Y/N: ah, thanks!

He quickly marched back as I watched him dump the packages of beef into another pot of warm water.

With chopping block in hand however. He picked up what looked to be a weird smelling and longer version of an onion.

Y/N: uh, question. Do you mind green onion?- and how do you usually like your steak?

Smiling to myself, I pulled up my scroll.

Me: yes... medium...

Y/N: you got it!

I watched him pick up one of the kitchen knifes before holding down the..."green onion" was it?

Concern again plagued me...but...come on now!- a blind guy with a knife, about to chop up vegetables...who wouldn't be?

But he did it effortlessly. He quickly chopped up the produce before dumping it into the boiling water that sat in the pot. He then picked up a pan.

And like something out of a TV show, I watched as he coved the pan in cooking oil before gently placing the unpacked and unthawed beef into the pan that rested over the stove.

And like that, a small plum of fire bursted forth.

Y/N: don't worry!- this is normal!

Normal!?- how was anything that he was doing considered "normal"

He quickly cooked each side of the beef like clock work while adding several different seasoning before it's total completion.

Then...I could begin to smell it...

All at once. The beef, the rest of the vegetables, more seasoning, the broth, and the noodles...

Like a wave of aroma, a strong and pleasant scent quickly reached me. I could feel my mouth begin to water as I continued watching him cook with haste and accuracy.

With the pan now opened, he stirred and mixed until it was finished.

He turned off the stove, and placed down a coster on the table as I watched him put on two oven mitts, and...