Chapter 7: The Quickest Way To The Heart

Start from the beginning

I typed again

Me: so I don't loose you...

Y/N: ah, I see...well?...I guess I'm fully in your care now.

Oh, he has no idea.

Y/N: so!- were will I be working

Working?...crap...uh...come on Neo, you've hacked into triple layered firewalls down over in Atlas. You can find a poor excuse to keep this pretty face put of harms way!

Immediately opening up my scroll, I began to type again.

Me: cleaning...

Y/N: oh...I...I mean I do a lot of house work already-

Wait what?...I began to type...

Y/N: but is there anything else that I ca-

Me: cook?...

Y/N: hm?- y-yeah, I can cook to, but- ah!

I grabbed him by his new leash before guiding him through our base of operation by the docks of Vale.

He struggled to keep up, but after a few bumpy turns, he eventually began to read my movement, and trace closely as I guided him to the break room. To be honest, I was thoroughly impressed with him simply being able to keep pace with me, but to actively learn how to maneuver in a new environment this quickly?... interesting~ he may be more fun that I thought~

But what really caught my attention was the nervous blush on his face!-

Like come on!- why did you have to be blind!? If he saw himself in the mirror, he would know exactly what I mean!

Anyways, as we reached "my" destination, I brought Y/N into what was supposed to be the break room for the higher ups in our group.

The room really just consisted of a TV, a few chairs, a couch, table, pool table, a cheep microwave, and lastly...a small sized kitchen...

When you've been eating nothing but freez dried stolen MREs from atlas because they had a surplus sale?...you get kinda tired of freezing dried lasagna.

Y/N: what's that smell?-...are we in a kitchen?

I flipped his hand to face his palm upward before drawing a cursive "Y" on his hand.

Y/N: ah, ok!- what is it you would like me to make?

Letting go of his hand, I quickly looked through the ingredients we had left...

Several packets of dried noodles in the cupboards

A few packaged boneless sirloin steaks

A couple of different garnishes and vegetables

Some beef broth, and some salt and pepper

A half thing of garlic

And lastly, a half used bottle of olive oil, and a little bit of ginger...

Since no one in this dump really knows how to cook, I put my faith and trust in Y/N's ability to make something atleast edible.

Quickly picking up everything I could find before laying it all down on the small wooden table, and grabbed a few random pots and pans along the way.

Y/N probably heard me closely as I did this, because he tapped the ground with his walking stick before eventually finding me at the table.

From there his hands waved over the ingredients as he gently picked up and inspected each and everything I had placed on the table.

Y/N: hmm...well...how does ramen sound?

I immediately pulled up my scroll before repetitively tapping on one response.