Chapter 3

Crystal's POV

Crystal: THE FUCKING AUDACITY!

I pace my living room like a mad woman. I can feel my cheeks burning from anger. All the possible savage comebacks coming way to late in my mind and I can do nothing but boil in my own frustration since the man who had the guts to treat me like some fame hungry hooker is no longer around!

Crystal: WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!

Nikkie: Actually he-

Crystal: Nope! DON'T YOU DARE!

I'm yelling unable to control the tone of my voice. Nikkie is sitting on my couch with slumped shoulders, something that's so NOT her! She lifts her hands up at my voice and pretends to be locking her lips together. She is shocked and I am too, only I'm not only that. I'm furious! I'm mad!

Crystal: I don't care if he owns the White House! He can't go around treating people like objects! For god's sake I can't even remember what happened last night!

Nikkie: Well...he never said he didn't. So maybe he does? Maybe that's why he wanted you to sign that contract.

Crystal: I'm not signing shit! Especially with a man who walks in a room like he owns it!

She shrugs as if she's telling me "well rightfully so!". But I beg to disagree. Arrogance is one thing I can't tolerate. I've been around enough rich, successful or influential people to understand who's humble at heart and who's an arrogant bastàrd! And Caspar D'Angelo as it seems falls in the second category!

Nikkie: Crystal maybe you should sit down...you are worrying me right now, you look like you are about to have a stroke.

She stands up and makes me sit down on an armchair. I am looking straight ahead starring at my wall. I may be acting like a kid but that kind of disrespect is one I can't tolerate!

Nikkie: Here.

Nikkie offers me a glass of water which I down in one go only now realising how dry my throat has been.

Crystal: *mumbles* Thanks.

Nikkie: What did he say to you before he left?

The question catches me off guard and I look at my friend confused of whether or not I should tell her...

Caspar: You won this round Ms. Stone, but you'll regret it. Now you only got me interested in winning the war.

I can still hear his low voice in my ear. His hot uneven breath against the skin of my neck and the warmth of his body as he towered over me. And I hated it send chills down my spine at that mere memory! I thought that if I made it clear that he was insulting me and that the last thing I wanted would be for him to get involved with me he'd leave me alone.

But from the tone of his voice or that so full of himself smirk he wore before he left I knew he was enjoying the game way more than the final result!

Crystal: I'm not sure I understood.

That's the final answer I give to my friend who sceptically nods her head.