|11| Rude Encounters

Start from the beginning

"Don't ask something stupid, my patience is already wearing thin."

"I never ask anything stupid. It is an extremely important question." He said confidently.

"Then ask."

He cleared his throat twice before questioning, "Umm...did you hide my name in your mehendi, you know like the traditional way?"

"You said it wasn't something stupid." I glowered at him.

"It's not stupid! I just want to see if I can find it!" He exclaimed.

"I don't know," I grumbled under my breath, looking away.

"What?"

"I said I don't know." I emphasised every word slowly so that it would fit into his imbecile brain, "I didn't choose the design of henna nor did I pay attention to it."

He silenced himself for a long time after that but opened his mouth again and said, "You know it's going to be really difficult to live with each other if you are always going to keep that attitude going at everything I say."

I pursed my lips at the audacity.

"You don't want me to be rude?"

"Exactly."

"Then don't freaking talk to me if you don't want to subject yourself to my rudeness!" I shouted at his face.

"Fine!" He huffed.

"Fine!"

I folded my arms and looked away from him as he did the same.

When we reached his home, his mom was already waiting for us with a bunch of Aryan relatives. I breathed in deeply and greeted her with a smile and touched her feet. I reminded myself to keep my calm and not burst into shouting.

Or cry.

The priest there instructed me to push the pot of rice with my foot which was kept at the entrance of the door. I entered the house with my right foot and everybody clapped in celebration. After one hour of rituals, I was free when everyone left the house.

As the last guest closed the door behind her, Aryan grabbed a remote and pressed a button. The robotic voice said, "Locked from inside."

Aryan started walking away instantly, without even telling me where my room was.

"Hey! Wait! Where's my room? Where are my things?!" I asked.

He ignored me, went inside his room and shut the door loudly.

I knocked on his door twice. My jaw clenched when he didn't answer. I could hear the ruffling from inside and I flinched when I heard the closing of another door inside his room.

I tried opening his door and surprisingly it was unlocked. I entered inside and was shocked to see the bed which was decorated beautifully with red and white flowers with a canopy hovering over it. I couldn't see Aryan anywhere but heard the splattering of shower from the bathroom.

There was a separate walk-in closet area and I found my things there. A total of ten suitcases were lined perfectly inside. I grabbed my toiletries bag and opened the suitcase which was tagged with 'night wear'. I didn't have the energy to shift the entire suitcase right now. I was horrified to see the indecent lingerie inside as I picked it up to examine it. It had weird cutouts at different places and I decided to have a long talk tomorrow with my mom about this stunt which she had pulled by stuffing my bag with questionable items.

I heard some shuffling behind me, Aryan entered the closet and started rummaging through his clothes, totally indifferent to me.

Except he was shirtless with only a towel covering his lower body so I couldn't be indifferent to him.

My mouth dried when he picked up another towel and dried off his hair. He shook his head to get rid of the water and the droplets trickled everywhere around. Grabbing a T-shirt and some shorts he kept them on the counter and went to stand in front of the mirror. His fingers combed his wet hair. My eyes, against my better judgement, trailed from up to bottom in the mirror lingering a little longer on his arms. He had a drool-worthy body.

That's definitely lust talking.

He took hold of his towel and stopped before untying the knot, "The show is finished."

"I wasn't even looking! And I have no interest in whatever show you are referring to." I said, but the waver in my voice betrayed me.

"Sure."

I glanced away and clumsily grabbed whatever I could find and walked outside the room as confidently as I could when I just wanted to run as fast as I could have. 

*** 

Hello dear ones!

So I have decided something for this story and I hope that you all would support me. I have decided that I would update the next chapter after atleast 40 votes(press that star button on top of each chapter to turn it yellow) have been completed on every chapter. That way I am hoping that the story would reach to more people. Also, it's a special request to add this story into your reading list as it helps with the reach and share the story with every person you can, so that the votes target can be completed.😊

Sorry for such a long author's note!

𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁: 𝟰𝟬 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲𝘀⭐

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞🌟, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭💭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞❤️.