Stranded (Volume 6 Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

Ruby: Well, at least now we know what it is. And we'll be sure to keep it safe!

---------------

(Present)

Back to the present, you trudged around the snow, glancing around at the wreckage of the train. You analyze the wooden crates that spilled out of the car and picked up a few extra dust bullets that could come in handy. You eye the crates again, but shook your head.

Wouldn't be very nice to just steal people's belongings now, would it?

Yang: Great! This is just great!

You glance as Yang struggled to get her buried motorcycle out of the snow.

Yang: We're stranded... We lost a third of our party... and we've GAINED... a defenseless old LADY!

She pulls out her motorcycle, but she falls over. To add further insult to injury, her motorcycle falls over to the other side and buries itself in the snow once again.

The old lady turns around to face Yang, Oscar putting his hand on her shoulder for support.

???: My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair.

She taps on her prosthetic eyes which open wide and close, before opening narrowly again.

Maria: Okay, I'm starting to see your point.

You walk over to the elderly lady and bowed.

Y/N: Greetings, Ms. Maria. We're really sorry about... all of this. 

Jake: How did you end up left behind? Jaune and the others evacuated all passengers, did he not?

Maria: Well... I figured you youngsters might've needed some help in case things went south! 

Jake scoffs.

Jake: Ah yeah, help from someone who can barely see and is approaching their death bed.

You glare at Jake.

Y/N: Jake! That was really rude.

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

Jake: Sorry.

You glance back at Maria and shook your head, the elderly woman scoffing.

Y/N: I'm... really sorry about that. We've just-

Maria: Oh, don't worry about it. I've dealt with worse.

Qrow grunts.

Qrow: Knock it off, will you all? If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm.

Blake: Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven.

Yang: Oh, and how could I forget about that?

She glares at Oscar and raises her arm.

Yang: What happened to no more lies and half-truths?