Varia : Storm Guardians

Comenzar desde el principio

"Tonight's battlefield will be..." one of the twins explained, "The entire third floor of the school building." the other finished. Sakura frowned. Hibari wouldn't like to see his precious school damaged. "Of course, this includes the buildings connected to this one." they continued. "Not only the corridors, but all the classrooms on this floor are also part of the battlefield." Sakura shook her head. Oh yeah Hibari really wasn't going to like this at all. "However..." The cherry blossom felt it. Something shifted in the air and she quickly turned towards Gokudera in time to see an entire classroom be blown out the side of the building.

Only the Varia wasn't shaken by this new development. "At various points in the battlefield." They started to explain the twist for this battle. "We have installed these Hurricane turbines." the other twin said, pushing the turbine on a cart for them to see. They continued to explain the time limit and more about the turbines including how if there was no clear winner by the end of the 15 minute time limit both potential guardians would die.

"No...No way?! Then if there is no winner both of them will..." Tsunayoshi was in disbelief of what was explained. "Of course, they will die." the twin said a little too calm for Sakura's comfort. "It would mean neither of them is worthy of becoming the guardian of the storm." the other twin finished. The group was shaken to their core minus Sakura and Gokudera. Reborn noticed this and could help but wonder if that was because of who and how Sakura grew up or if there was something else. Gokudera on the other hand was calm and ready to fight.

Out of nowhere the perverted Doctor appeared. He shamelessly grabbed the twins' breasts. They simply responded by punching him but he seemed satisfied. The Varia arcobaleno commented on how Shamal was offered a position for the Varia two generations ago and turned it down. Sakura scoffed. She wasn't fond of this man and honestly she didn't like him too much. "Heeh, Shamal is with them," Mammon said. "Dino, Colonello, The Yakuza Princess, and now Shamal... Why is that kind of talent all lined up on their side... just what is going on?" Squalo questioned. "Can it be that it's that chibi's doing again?"

The battle needed to begin so the group did their cheer and they got into position. The creepy twins explained how they, the audience, could watch the battle from the monitors that were projecting the battle all around the floor. Belphegor and Gokudera exchanged words and then the battle began.

The group gathered around one of the monitors and watched Gokudera take on the Prince. With the triple bomb launched at Belphegor, Sakura noticed how he didn't try to dodge. If she was in the battlefield she would have sensed it but this time she saw Belphegor's movement which is what gave away one of turbines going off stopping the bomber's attack. "The guardian of storm naturally has a keen instinct for wind movements." Belphegor told Gokudera. The turbines kept going off. Belphegor on the other hand was calm as he nearly nailed Gokudera. The bomber was forced to be on his toes struggling to find his footing in this battle. Belphegor then joined Gokudera in the classroom and explained how he used wind currents from the turbines to carry the knives and strike Gokudera.

"Do you know the purpose of the guardian of the storm?" Reborn perked up. Sakura too leaned in a little closer to hear this answer. She couldn't help but wonder what he was about to say is what caught her attention. "Continuously at the heart of attack. The storm of raging waves that never rests." Belphegor explained. Reborn looked at Sakura. "Sakura-hime?" She turned and looked at the baby. Reborn was waiting for Sakura to say something but she turned her attention back to the screen. But the thoughts of what Belphegor said were still ringing in her head. Being at the heart of the battle releasing relenting attacks... that for sure is something Sakura does. Being a member of the storm class was something she could relate to.

The battle continued. It was three minutes in and the poor bomber was still struggling to find some kind of footing in this battle. He would dodge and try to move to different classrooms only to be discouraged by either the turbines or Belphegor somehow stopping his bombs. Gokudera was struggling. He would dodge the attacks but there was no stop to them. He was beginning to feel overwhelmed. Everyone could hear the panic in his voice. He ran to another classroom hoping to build some distance between himself and Belphegor.