21•

Dispatch News: NCT's Mark rumored to be in a relationship. His agency, SM Entertainment has yet to confirm these rising allegations.

"Holy shit." Seri hissed under her breath as her eyes read the headline of the new article. She solely feel her hands shaking, scared to see what would happen next.

"This can't be, oh fuck how did they know?"

"That fast? Damn..." Hyunjae whispered as she kept her eyes at Seri.

"I mean they have been saying that even before you two started dating." Hyorin commented.

The whole group was currently seated inside Mark's dorm along with Yunseo.

"Hey Seri, are you okay?" Junseo asked her, noticing the quietness that quickly took over the girl.

Seri was terrified.

What would be the next step?

How would the world react if they finally knew?

There were many things that were tied to this besides what the world thought if the news was confirmed. Seri was worried about his career.

People loved him and did crazy things just to get his attention. What if everything suddenly went downhill.

She didn't want that.
Seri knew how much his career mattered to him. It was like his child, his most prized possesion that he probably can't live a single second knowing he wasn't able to do what he loved most.

Thoughts circled her mind. They were a mix of bad and good thoughts. Thoughts that comforted her while some just failed to do so.

The grew silent as Seri failed to respond. All pf them silently and sympathetically looking at her while the sound of the door creaking open was the only one that caught their attention.

"Mark, oh thank god you're finally here." Haeri whispered, sighing in relief as she stood up to greet Mark who had just arrived from practice.

"Hey yeah, what's going on- is that-.. Seri?" He looked confused as soon as he saw Seri silently sitting on the bed, still and quiet.

"What's wrong?" He asked loudly yet Seri didn't answer.

"Mark, just talk to her. Tell her everything will be fine." Yunseo advised.
"We'll be outside if you need us." She said, tapping his shoulders before they all went out.

Now that it was only Mark and Seri left inside, Mark slowly walked towards Seri and sat down beside her.
As he looked down, he saw her phone laying on the matress, eyes trailing over the headline as he finally realized.

"Mark, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry this shouldn't have happened in the first place." Seri whispered.

Mark looked at her, lifting her chin as Seri tearfully looked up.
"Hey listen to me...." He started off.

"It's not your fault okay? I love you and you love me, what people say, that doesn't matter. They can say all the things they want, they can decide they hate me and us and don't support us anymore- Seri, I love you. And that's all that matters." He cupped her cheeks, eyeing her genuinely as tears flowed down her cheek.

She was anticipating everything and that caused her to be in pain. That caused her guilt, guilt that she should not have felt.
She was wrongfully guilty abour being in love.

"Baby, we're in this together, I don't care what happens next, if ever, just know that I'm here and I love you, I adore you so fucking much." Mark said, closing his eyes before pressing his lips on hers.

Seri felt a feeling of euphoria, a feeling of comfort as she rested in his arms. His hands trailing from her cheek to her neck as he held her tightly in his embrace, showing her just how much he loved her.