4 . 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧

Depuis le début

Dany, however, was still confused as to why Viserys was so enraged, given that Lady Reyna could have only been an infant at the time and that it was not her fault that her father was a traitor.

It was still the same woman she had met earlier today - the kind woman who gave her sweet smiles and offered her friendship. The woman, who had such a comforting and alluring aura, that people were naturally drawn to her.

Nothing could have prepared Daenerys for when Viserys lunged at Lady Reyna with his fork, and then she subdued him with magic.

Her eyes glowed a bright red, brighter than the rubies that were once in her mother's crown. There were scarlet wisps dancing across her fingers, and there were the same wisps on Viserys' hands, which looked to be frozen in place on the table and didn't move no matter how hard he tried.

Daenerys had seen many extraordinary things while living and moving through the Free Cities, but none as extraordinary as what Lady Reyna was doing. She didn't hear what Viserys said to Lady Reyna; she was too focused on the red around his and Lady Reyna's hands.

Not knowing what she was seeing, Dany felt awe and a tinge of fear. Lady Reyna's eyes were a bright red, and in the many stories that Viserys had told her (Viserys, the brother that had been lost to her many years ago), he described all the monsters and villains in the stories as having red eyes.

Lady Reyna looked at Dany, and seeing her fearful expression, her eyes stopped glowing and returned to the comforting green they once were. Daenerys felt guilty seeing Lady Reyna's sorrowful and pained expression at the reaction she got from Dany.

Dany didn't mean to make Reyna sad.

She watched as Lady Reyna excused herself from dinner and walked out.

Her head turned to look at Viserys, who was standing up and pointing an accusatory finger at Magister Illyrio, "How dare you shelter that traitor's spawn in the same house as me?!"

Magister Illyrio huffed an exasperated sigh; he seemed to be very exhausted from Viserys' outburst, and Dany could not fault him.

"Your Highness, I urge you to calm down, please. Lady Reyna-," Viserys scoffed at the mention of her name, as if he wanted Illyrio to call her the traitor's spawn as well.

"-Lady Reyna is a guest in my palace, just as you are. I urge you to show her the same kindness she has been showing you-"

"- You can't command a king!" Viserys shouted at the magister.

Dany honestly was not sure why Viserys kept screaming; Magister Illyrio had only been speaking to him in a calm, composed manner.

The magister looked as if he had given up, then looked at the other magisters and shrugged his shoulders.

He waved a hand, and two servants came from the shadows. He gave a brief nod to Viserys, then looked at the servants, "Show the Prince and Princess to their rooms."

Viserys huffed and stormed out of the room, a servant rushing after him.

Dany got up, gave a timid bow of the head to the magisters, and followed the other servant.

As they were walking in silence, Dany noticed the familiar path they were walking and almost froze when they passed Lady Reyna's chambers.

She felt the tempting urge to knock on the door and check on Lady Reyna, but she refrained and followed the servant to her room.

Once they reached her door, the servants bowed and dismissed themselves.

Dany sighed and walked back into her new apartment.