x. | blood, tears, weird salvatores

chapter 10

chapter 10

What if I lose it all?
Oh sister, I will help you out
Oh, if the sky comes falling down
For you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jade ran.

The word ran is perhaps a slight understatement. She sprinted as much as she had strength in her legs, not worrying about the car since she was already in the woods anyway. After a quick and succinct conversation with Stefan, Jade threw in a quick goodbye to Katherine, to which she responded with a small 'good luck' and a few tricks in fighting werewolves. Aim for the heart, heh, had the situation been different, Jade would have even laughed. She couldn't count how many times she had heard that from Marcel during their training sessions. He taught her how to fight supernaturals and she had no idea. She was grateful, because if she was going to be useless now, she'd rather someone ripped her heart out right away.

Jade continued to run, every few moments sneaking glances at her phone with a pulsing point on the map, she was close, she should see Stefan somewhere soon. Stupid vampire and his stupid super speed. This was the umpteenth time Jade envied the supernatural.

Jade slowed down and took one last glance at the map on her phone. She was on the spot. She came to a complete stop and tucked her hair behind her ears. She strained her hearing, trying to pinpoint where the enemy base was. She heard a few voices, and the word 'vampire' rang in her ears a few times. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder.

In reflex, she grabbed the attacker by the wrist and twisted in the opposite direction, quickly hooking him by the ankles, resulting in him falling to the ground, his twisted arm still in Jade's grasp.

"Jade, it's me!" A familiar voice resounded, slightly muffled by the grass. Jade contorted her face, leaning slightly toward the man. After recognizing his funny hair, she pushed his crooked arm away with an annoyed huff.

"Why the fuck would you sneak up on me like that? Have you met me?" Jade spat angrily, glaring at the vampire.

"Sorry. I forgot you're... well, um, you." Stefan breathed, lifting himself off the ground. Jade was about to roll her eyes, when she spotted another figure standing behind the vampire.

"Lockwood?" She croaked, her eyes narrowed into slits. Tyler formed his lips in a tight line. "Leverage?" She side-eyed Stefan, who gave her a look that answered her question. She nodded, staring straight into the young werewolf eyes.

"Listen, Lockwood." She hissed, slowly aproaching him. "They're so hellbent on keeping you alive." She said with a soft chuckle that lacked any humour, taking a halt when she was right before him. "Well, I'm not." She spat, and he snapped his gaze to her with raised eyebrows. "You're the one that crashed the car with Caroline in it. You're the one that almost killed her when you transitioned. I had to literally threaten her to drag her ass out of that cave of yours. And then she screamed at me, because she didn't want you to struggle alone. Because she still somehow wanted to be your friend. The saviour of the broken, my little sister." She said, piercing her blue eyes right through his dark ones. She inched a little closer to him, her voice low and full on threatning. "So I kindly advise you to make the right decision tonight." She stayed like that for a few seconds, letting the words sink in. After reading on his face that he understood, she backed off.