0 | i'm just a child

chapter 0

chapter 0

Hope you know that this is your fault
I want you to feel bad when you go to sleep
I hope you're sad when you remember me
And feel bad for all you did to me

a/n: i changed vicki donovan's age in this story. she's the same age as jade, which means she was born in 1988.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

2003, mystic falls

It was a peaceful day in Mystic Falls, birds were chirping, flowers were bloom━ well they for sure as hell weren't blooming, because it's autumn, duh. For an early October night, sun was already forgotten, wind began to pick up and the whole town started to quiet down. That still didn't stop the two teenage girls for their daily meetup in the abandoned building on the edge of town.

Why there you may ask? Well, there are many deserted buildings in Mystic Falls (because everyone in their right mind leaves this hell hole) such as the old Municipal Auditorium, Professor Dickens's house - that one for sure is haunted. I mean, dude was totally bonkers, who the fuck has scream sessions at one in the morning? When Jade was in her sheriff's daughter/future detective era at age of nine, she constantly hung out behind the tree near the house with a notepad and wrote down her 'evidence for murder'. Her mum wasn't especially phased by her work, since all she wrote down was "he looks funny". Months later it turned out that Professor Dickens developed extreme schizophrenia and all he killed after all was himself. And there's of course Finnick's horse barn━oh, you mean why abandoned buildings at all? That's actually a f̶u̶n̶n̶y̶  terrifying story.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

october, 2001

When Jade and Vicki were thirteen, they watched Ghostbusters for the first time. That immediately became their new obsession and Ms. Donovan couldn't be more delighted at the news, because their latest infatuation was It, especially Pennywise - and the poor nine year old Matty was terrified of clowns. You can imagine how well that went. Girls used to paint their faces, sneak in his room at weekend nights, hide under his bed and whisper things like "Matty, do you want to float? Beep, beep Matty boo! Do you want a balloon?". Then, he would scream and cry for hours, which resulted in girls' laughing matches. Ms. Donovan then asked herself a question why she had the kids in the first place. Of course Jade bore all the blame, and Vicki's mum banned their slumber parties. Shame, she had good stuff in her liquor cabinet.

Since slumber parties were banned, and perfect Forbes household didn't want Kelly Donovan's devil spawn in it, two girls had to come up with somewhere else to hang out at night. Given that they were now obsessed with finding ghosts, they quickly came up with the idea of abandoned houses. They gathered all the important equipment, such as flashlights, walkie-talkies, notes (of course Jade had to make notes, everything had to be planned and documented to the T for further examination), homemade ouija board, snacks and two stolen cans of cheap beer. They choose the old Witch House (you know, for deeper connection or some other bullshit since it's literally called a Witch House). When they reached their destination━ all smiley and shit, because the two of them were creepy as hell for some reason━ they quickly climed up some partially cracked window and gathered themself at the centre of the dirty room. They unpacked their stuff, placing the ouija board beetween themselves. After a few tries of summoning the spirits, they gave up and opened up the snacks and beer. Then, the two friends started their talks━ usually bitching about their parents, siblings, school or boys.