0.ii | goodbye mystic falls

chapter 0

chapter 0.2

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows, nobody knows
And I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

2 years later, june, 2005

"I'm home!" Caroline shouted in a sing-song manner, entering the house after her additional evening math tutoring. She quickly got rid of her shoes, and threw her back pack on the kitchen island. The perky thirteen year old took a fast glance across the first floor of the house, finding nobody present. She shrugged and began to mindlessly rummage through the fridge. Picking out some dinner leftovers and heating it up, she headed towards her room upstairs.

She stopped in her tracks when she heard some pop punk music coming from the room across the hall. Surprised━because Jade is never home in the evening, at least on those days where their father is not home━she pushed open the already ajar door.

She found her older sister sitting by her vanity, applaying mascara on her deep, blue eyes that were already highlighted with black eyeshadow. The seventeen year old was wearing an oversized T-shirt of some emo band Caroline didn't recognize, under that she had a flared denim mini skirt, her legs were wrapped in gray-and-black striped tights, heavy combat boots bouncing to the music.

"Mum's not home." Jade said bluntly, preoccupied with her eyelashes. Liz Forbes was━shockingly━still at the sheriff's station, busy with some Mystic Falls criminal shit, that the blonde didn't care about. This town had no criminals. Not ones that were worth locking up, of course.

"Yeah? I didn't notice." the younger girl's voice was filled with sarcasm. Rolling her eyes, she added "She's probably sitting in that stupid station trying to kill time until daddy returns tonight." Jade froze in the middle of applying lip gloss, and turned her head towards her sister. "But seriously, is it so hard to sit at home sometimes?" Jade snorted at that.

"He's coming tonight? Why the fuck don't I know anything about it?" Jade's face was formed in a scowl. She sniffed her nose and immediately started to feel exhausted. Although that's impossible at the moment.

"What are you talking about? I told you two days ago! Were you even listening to me?" Caroline dramatically exclaimed, leaning on the doorframe. She took a glance across the room, it was pretty messy. There were clothes scattered on the floor, the entire desk was practically covered with various drawings and books, the bed was unmade and the smell of cigarette smoke began to hit her nostrils.

"It's hard to listen to you sometimes Carrie, so I tend to turn off my hearing when you open your mouth." Jade stated the obvious, raising her eyebrows, blinking rapidly. Two days ago... that must've been the day she and Vicki went to that college party in Richmond. Liz had a nightshift that day, so Jade came back around 4 a.m, clearly not sneakily enough. She doesn't remember talking to anyone though... flashes of stumbling on the stairs trying to find her room━yes, but no talking, no. Maybe it's because she was high as a kite and still had some leftover vodka on her tongue as a party souvenir.