Chapter 11

Third Person POV

Over the past four months, Percy had been busy but having fun. He'd finally got most of the demigods to at least treat him nicely but others still blamed him for the wars.

He's gotten to know pretty much everyone on Olympus and in Atlantis and the Underworld. Olympus was flourishing with the minor gods finally being able to be seen and heard. He'd also gotten the Amazons and Hunters of Artemis to like him. Some to the point where they looked forward to his visits.

His domains were flourishing. He'd gotten the demigods in and outside of camp better lives. The demigods were also enjoying having their parents around more often. Most even found it cool that they had a god they could go to for things.

His domain over mortality he learned made him more like a very OP demigod with the benefits of gods.

His domains over loyalty and family still hurt. But he's getting used to it. He's also been helping families and people who were close to misplacing their loyalty. He enjoyed helping kids find their way home and helping parents to give their kids a better life. Although he can say without a doubt that his favorite part is dealing with abusive and neglectful parents or caretakers.

It's the day before school starts and Percy was nervous. After a while of deliberating, he decided to hang out with his friends at Camp Half-Blood.

Percy flashed into the Big House to find all of his friends there talking.

"What's wrong?" Bianca asked worriedly.

"Hm. Oh, I'm fine. Just a little nervous about school tomorrow."

"How about we take your mind off of things?" Ethan asked.

And that's what they did. They spent the entire day doing the different activities around camp and pranking the campers. At the end of the day, they all sat on the beach looking at the sunset.

Percy told them how things were on Olympus and they updated him on everything that's happened at both of the camps.

"So how have you been sleeping lately?" Silena asked.

Percy shrugged, "Better. It's been a while since I've had a really bad nightmare."

"That's good," Beckendorf said happily.

Percy grinned and nodded.

"What has you so worried about school?" Luke asked.

Percy shifted uncomfortably, "I don't know. It's just been a while since I've been around mortals and my powers have been acting up lately."

"Maybe it's stress," Michael said.

"I've been fine," Percy shook his head.

"Maybe you should ask dad," Lee encouraged.

"Maybe," Percy mumbled knowing he wouldn't do it.

The group continued to look at the water and the setting sun.

"How are you without your mother around?" Zoë asked softly.

"It's... different. I miss her and her cookies and her warm hugs. I can't just go to our apartment and confide in her while she rubs my hair. I know that she's immortal now but I have so many enemies. There's no telling what they would do if they found out where she was. I can't put her in danger again. And I know that my dad and the others are trying their best to be there for me now but it feels weird. More than half of my life it's been just me, my mom, and Gabe. Having people around who want to help because they want to is different and overwhelming sometimes."