Chapter 5

Percy glared at the floor. He knew life wasn't fair, he knew that while the fates weren't evil they weren't the nicest people around. He was grateful for them trying to help his new coming divinity.

"I accept your gifts, my ladies."

"When you are ready, Hades go back to your palace and we will give you the hero's gift."

Hades nodded and the fates left in a swirl of gray mist.

The Olympians looked at Percy who was getting tired of all the stares.

"Well, if that's all, I'm gonna go now," Percy said, turning around.

"Go, where? Did you not hear the fates boy," Athena asked.

"Yeah. I heard them. They said on my twenty-first birthday I would be stuck here with you forever. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my time as a mortal."

"Perseus, the fates would not have told us this if it did not need to be done now," Aphrodite said.

"No. I might have to spend eternity with you but eternity does not begin now."

Zeus was about to say something but he was interrupted by Hestia, "Before you start screaming, perhaps we should calm down and talk things out."

She shrunk down to her mortal size and the other gods followed suit. The gods stood around Percy who was shifting uncomfortably.

"Son, why wait for your immortality to take place?" Poseidon asked softly.

Percy looked at the gods like they were crazy, "Why would I want to stay with you? Look at everything that's happened in my life. Almost all of the problems were caused or directed by you. I've been in two wars and to Tartarus while you sat here on your thrones while your kids were fighting for their lives and dying."

"The ancient laws prevent us from doing anything," Hera pointed out.

Percy glared at the Olympians thinking of his life. Gabe. His bullies. His quests. The near-death experiences. Then he thought of how his friends died. Or left. Finally, he thought of how he had to send his family away because of the enemies he made. Because of the gods.

Unaware of him, he was broadcasting his feelings and memories to the Olympians.

"You talk about the ancient laws like you follow them. It is against ancient laws to interfere with mortal affairs and quests. Fine, then why are there demigods? Why do you get to interfere when it benefits you, but not us? Why do you get to cause problems with mortals and demigods to have to clean it up? It is against ancient laws Queen Hera for you to erase the memories of two demigods and move them somewhere else. It is against Ancient Laws King Zeus, for you to attack my bus and send Echidna after me for a quest I am doing for you. All of you gods have interfered on a quest at least once. So don't talk to me about ancient laws."

Feeling Percy's emotions and seeing what has happened in his one life snapped something in the Olympians. They felt sorry and ashamed of their actions. But before they could say anything Percy kept going.

"While you can't interfere in mortal affairs, you can in godly. When Kronos rose, you, well mostly Zeus, didn't want to believe it. Not to mention that that war was your fault. And it was a godly war because of Kronos. But you ignored it. So while you were up here ignoring the threat my friends and I had to fight his forces. I had to fight HIM. While you were sitting here, we were fighting, suffering, bleeding, and dying. After the war, when I made my wishes, I thought maybe things would change. Then Gaea started to stir. Instead of fighting or even letting us know what was happening you closed Olympus and left us to die knowing that we couldn't defeat most of our enemies without you."