Chapter 6

The minor gods were confused about the emergency summons to Olympus. Nevertheless, they all stopped what they were doing and flashed into the throne room. Upon entering the room, they saw that all gods were called to Olympus. They were also confused about why Percy Jackson was in the throne room and Hades and Hestia had a throne. But they stared in disbelief at the people they thought were dead.

"You have been called to Olympus for two reasons," Zeus' voice boomed across the room. "The fates have decreed Olympus will have a prince and they will end our era of rule. And a new Olympus will be born. A happy Olympus."

The gods started to whisper to each other. Some were confused, excited, or skeptical. While others were a mixture.

"Our prince is Perseus Jackson," Hera announced.

All the gods turned to look at Percy who blushed and fidgeted under the stares he was receiving.

"But, he has decided he will take his role but under certain conditions," Zeus stated before turning to Percy. "What will these conditions be?"

Percy steeled his nerves and turned to look at the Olympians.

"If I am to take the role of Prince of Olympus, new changes need to be made. What happened in the last two wars will not happen again. No more closing Olympus and ignoring your children. And no more putting people or gods down because you feel they are inferior. If I'm stuck on this stupid floating city then you'll have to learn to treat me and each other better."

Some of the minor gods snickered at the look on the Olympians' faces.

"The first change that we'll make is with the council."

Zeus' face turned an ugly gold color as he fumed with anger. But Hestia sent calming waves towards him to calm him down.

"And what change would that be Perseus?" she asked.

Percy took a deep breath as everyone looked at him curiously.

"Part of the problem of Olympus is that there is no way for the "minor" gods to come to the Olympians if they have a problem without someone," he glared at Zeus, "throwing a fit."

Zeus shifted uncomfortably as the people around the throne room murmured in agreement. Percy turned to look at the gods around the throne room contemplatively.

"Bare with me for a moment. Everyone put yourselves into groups based on your domains. So, seasonal gods in one place, water gods in another, health gods, and so on," Percy told them.

The minor gods surprisingly followed his instructions with no problems. After everyone was grouped together, they all looked to Percy for more instructions.

"This is your new council. You have a meeting on the summer and winter solstice already, but you need a time when all the gods come together to make decisions. I'm not saying that the Olympians have no say," Percy stopped Zeus and Athena, "I'm just saying that their feelings need to be heard too. They are gods, they might not have a major status as you do but they deserve thrones and to be heard."

"I agree with Perseus," Apollo stood.

The other Olympians thought it over and soon one by one they all stood until Athena, Hera, and Zeus was left.

"Father, it would be wise. There would be less of a chance of rebellion," Athena said as she stood.

Zeus sighed, "It seems that I am outnumbered either way. Fine."

Zeus waved his hand and many thrones popped up in the groups that the gods were in. They looked at their thrones in awe.

"Well, since that is done, it seems it is time to crown-" Zeus started.