Chapter 4

Percy thanked Zeus before turning around to look at his parents and sister. Estelle still looked confused by what was happening.

Percy led them out of the throne room and to a quiet garden on Olympus. The garden had two benches to sit on. There was a small pond and flowers of every color imaginable flourishing. The birds hung on trees singing happily despite the sadness rolling off the family.

Percy got onto his knees and looked at his sister.

"Butterfly. In a little while, you're going to go away. You're going to make new friends and start school soon. And mom is going to make you all the blue cookies and pancakes you want."

"Percy go too?" she asked, her head tilted to the side.

"No. I have to stay here."

"NO! Percy can go too," Estelle cried.

"Estelle. I can't. It'll be okay."

Estelle sobbed and clung to Percy. Percy hugged her back. He felt tears in his eyes but pushed them back. He had to be strong for his sister.

"Estelle. It'll be fine. We can write letters and Iris messages. We'll still talk. I promise."

Estelle cried harder. Percy looked up at his teary-eyed parents and wanted to sob.

Look at that. All you do is cause pain.

Percy stood up still clutching his sisters.

"I'll be fine. We'll all be fine."

Paul and Sally nodded. He hugged his parents one more time. He gave Estelle to Sally who wailed and thrashed and cried for Percy. Percy kissed her forehead and then stepped back to look at his family.

"You ready?" Percy asked.

They nodded.

"They're ready," Percy prayed to Hermes and Zeus.

Sally, Paul, and Estelle glowed a faint gold before disappearing. Percy finally let his tears fall. He started to cry but before too long he was sobbing. He fell to the ground and let out his feelings from the past seventeen years out.

He cried for the childhood he lost. He cried for his innocence. He cried for the friends he lost. For the things, he'd seen. The things he'd done. He cried for his parents and sisters. He cried for the life he lost and wouldn't get back.

He was startled when he felt arms wrap around him. He was pulled into a warm chest. The safety and warmth surrounding the person made him cry harder.

"It's okay. You're so strong. I got you. I'm here for you," they whispered.

Percy started to calm down and looked up to see Apollo staring down at him. His eyes were filled with worry.

"I'm okay Pollo."

Apollo chuckled, "We both know that's a lie."

Percy smiled slightly, "I'll be okay."

They sat together for a minute before Apollo began to stand up. He looked down at Percy and held a hand out which Percy took.

"Your father wants to see you in the throne room."

Percy and Apollo walked into the throne room in comfortable silence. When they walk into the throne room, the gods are standing and waiting for Percy and Apollo. Poseidon walks to his son and looks at him up and down causing Percy to fidget.

"What will you do now my boy?"

"I'm going home. I'll get a job somewhere and finish school as mom and Paul wanted."

Before anyone could speak, the fates walked into the throne room. Normally they would look like wrinkled old ladies but today they had the form of forty-year-old women. They wore gray chitons. Their gray hair was tied up. Unlike their usual cold faces, they looked nicer and warmer.

"Olympians, Perseus," they nodded.

The Olympians bowed to the fates. After a slight glare from Poseidon Percy did also.

The fates looked at Percy and all spoke, "Perseus. Millennia ago there was a prophecy. About a boy favored by fate. A boy who would have many trials. He would face many foes but still fight his way through the challenges thrown at him."

The Olympians gaped at the fates and then at Percy.

Percy looked at them confused, "What does that have to do with me, and why are they looking at me like that?"

"The prophecy spoke of how this boy would become a prince," Zeus answered.

"The Prince of Olympus," the fates nodded.

"No."

The Olympians looked at Percy. They couldn't believe he told the fates no.

"My boy. You will still get the title. This is fate at play. This is your destiny."

"No, no, NO."

"Perseus, you might have been born mortal but you were meant for divinity. On the night of your 21st birthday, you are destined to become a god, a prince."

"You will be the god of demigods, power, mortality, loyalty, family, liquids, and Olympus."

Percy knew there was nothing he could do or say. He would have to become a god. One of the things he despised.

He looked at the fates and nodded.

They smile at him. Lachesis walked to him and held his head in her hands, "Do not worry young hero. We know how you feel about immortality and the gods. We feel that you will like your new role as prince."

Lachesis walked back to her sisters and nodded to them.

"You will end this rule of civilization," Atropos spoke, causing the gods to gasp.

Clotho nodded and said, "You will give life to a new Olympus. A happy Olympus."

The three women looked at Percy, "Your family, yes your mother, sister, and step-father included, will be given immortality. You will be given the power to make decisions for Olympus and change rulings made by the Olympians. You will be given the blessing of Olympus alongside your godhood. And we the fates will bestow you a gift aside from the immortality given to your family to get you through your life as an immortal."

"Do you accept our gift?" Lachesis asked.