Chapter 8: I hate my job

Metamorphosis 1

Alexis sighs, grabbing Deans hand, trying to comfort him as they watch Sam exorcize a demon with what can only be Sams psychic demon powers. There was a woman there too, standing off to the side.

Sam knelt to the floor beside the recently possessed man. The woman asked him how it felt. Sam replied saying that he didn't have any more headaches. He helped the man stand, then turns for the door.

Dean walks through making Sam stop. Alexis leans against said door.

"So...anything you wanna tell me, Sam?" Dean asks.

"Dean. Hold on, okay? Just let me ex--"

"You gonna say, 'let me explain'?" Dean walks closer. "You gonna explain this? How about this, why don't you start with who she is and what the hell is she doing here?" Dean gestures to the dark haired woman who had been in Sams motel room when Dean first came back from hell.

Alexis had a feeling she knew who it was, but she might've been wrong. If only she could get her powers back to full strength.

"Good to see you again, Dean."

"Ruby? Is that Ruby?" Dean asks and when Sam doesn't answer Dean shoves Ruby into the wall, pulling out the demon killing knife.

Before he could stab her, Sam got between the two, taking the knife. When Dean turned to Sam, Ruby grabbed Dean by the throat, pushing him against the wall.

Alexis pushes off the wall, pulling out her own knife. She wrapped an arm around Ruby's neck, the blade pressing into her back. "Let him go, now." Alexis hisses.

"Ruby, Ruby, Ruby. Stop it. Let her go, Alex." Sam says. Ruby let Dean go. "Alex."

Alexis eyes scanned Dean, taking a step back.

"Well, aren't you a obedient little bitch." Dean looked at Ruby.

"Ruby." Sam pauses. "Ruby. He's hurt." Sam nods toward the man who had been possessed. She finally looked away from Dean. "Go."

Ruby turned, purposely hitting Alexis' shoulder as she passed. She helped the man up.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dean asks.

"The ER." Ruby states. "Unless you wanna go another round first." And with that Ruby walks out.

Dean looks at his brother.

"Dean."

Dean heads foe the door. Alexis gave Sam a look, turning to follow.

"Dean." Sam calls out.

Alexis wrapped an arm around Dean.

~~~

Alexis follows Dean through the motel room door. She takes a seat on the bed as Sam stands up and Dean grabs A pile of clothes, stuffing them in his bag.

"Dean, what are you doing?" Sam asks. No answer. "Are you leaving?"

"You don't need me. You and Ruby go fight demons." Dean says, grabbing his bag and moving toward the door. Alexis stood, grabbing her bag and following.

"Hold on. Dean. Come on, man." Sam tries to reason as Dean passes. Dean turns around, punching Sam in the jaw. "You satisfied?" Sam asks, straightening up. Dean punches him again.

"Apparently not." Alexis comments, sitting down at the table by the door as Dean drops his bag.

"Do you know how far off the reservation you've gone?" Dean asks. "How far from normal? From human?"