Chapter 41: Everything will work out

When the levee breaks 1

Dean opens the small latch to the panic room in Bobby's basement, revealing a small rectangle to see Sam.

"Okay. Let me out. This is not funny." Sam tells him.

"Damn straight." Dean agrees.

Sam walks closer to the door. "Dean, come on. This is crazy."

"No. Not until you dry out."

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you. Just open the door."

"You don't have to apologize." Dean tells him as Alexis set a hand on his back. "Its not your fault. It's not your fault you lied to me over and over again. I get it now. You couldn't help it."

"I'm not some junkie."

"That's what they all say, Sam." Alexis sighs. She decided to come with Dean down here for support, for comfort.

"Really?" Dean asks him. "I guess I've just imagined his strung out you've been lately."

Sam scoffs. "You're actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention?"

"If it smells like a duck."

"Dean, I'm not drinking the demon blood for kicks. I'm getting strong enough to kill Lilith."

"Strong?" Dean repeats.

"Yeah."

"Well, this is about as far away from strong as you can get. Try weak. Try desperate. Pathetic."

"Killing Lilith is what matters." Sam insists. "Or are you so busy being self righteous and caught up in getting Alex knocked up you forgot about her?"

Deans jaw clenches as Alexis gave his hand a squeeze. "Oh, Lilith's gonna die. Bobby and I will kill her, but not with you."

"You're not serious." Sam shakes his head.

"Congrats, Sammy. You just bought yourself a benchwarmer seat to the apocalypse."

"Dean, look--No, wait--" Sam began as Dean closes the latch. Sam continues to yell, beating on the door.

Alexis gave Dean a small smile, pulling him toward the stairs. "Its alright, Dean." She tells him. She lead him up the stairs, but turns when he stops at the top.

"Dean!" Sams muffled voice echoes.

Alexis pulled Dean out of the basement.

~~~

Bobby pours two glasses of liquor, handing one to Dean. Alexis wraps her arms around him, pressing her lips to his shoulder as the three listen to Sams muffled yells for help.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asks as Bobby say behind his desk.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual." Bobby says as Sam screams. "Oh, wait, no one ever wrote one."

Dean sighs.

"No telling how long it'll take." Bobby continues. "Hell, or if Sam will even live through it."

"Bobby." Alexis hisses as A phone began to ring.

Bobby answers. "Hello?" He pauses. "Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." He hangs up.

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asks.

"He knows." Bobby answers as the phone rang. "I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important." Bobby looked up, meeting Dean and Alexis' eyes.