Chapter 9: The lack of mangled corpses

Metamorphosis 2

"Alright, so, we're gonna go have a little chat with this guy, which, you know, I'm down." Dean glances at Sam from the drivers seat. "I just wanna make sure, if push comes, you're gonna shove."

"Meaning?" Sam asks.

"Odds are we're gonna have to burn this guy alive."

"This guy has a name and a wife."

"Yeah, who we're probably gonna make a widow, okay? You heard Travis. He's gonna turn. They always turn."

"He's right, Sam. There's less than a one percent chance he won't. You can't control these things for long." Alexis leans forward.

"Maybe he won't." Sam insists. "Maybe he can fight it off."

"Maybe he can't. That's all I'm saying." Dean shrugs.

"Alright, we'll just have to see, then, okay?"

"See, this is what I mean, Sam. You sure your emotions aren't getting in the way here?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, nice dude, but he's got something evil inside of him. Something in his blood. Maybe you can relate."

"Stop the car." Sam demands.

"What?"

"Oh my god. These two." Alexis mumbles.

"Stop the car, or I will." Sam says.

Dean pulls over to the side of the road and Sam practically jumps out of the car. Dean followed suit.

"Wanna know why I've been lying to you, Dean? Because of crap like this." Sam yells.

"Like what?" Dean closes his car door. Alexis stayed put, pulling out a granola bar from her bag.

"The way you talk to me." Sam walks around the car, toward Dean. "The way you loom at me like I'm a freak."

"I do not." Dean defends himself.

"Or even worse, like I'm an idiot. Like I don't know the difference between right and wrong." Sam watched as Dean stayed quiet, a look on his face.  "What?"

"Do you know the difference, Sam?" Dean asks. "I mean, you've been kinda strolling a dark road."

"You have no idea what I'm going through. None."

"Then enlighten me!"

"I've got demon blood in me, Dean. This disease pumping through my veins and I can't ever rub it out or scrub it clean. I'm a whole new level of freak."

Alexis knew the feeling. She lived that too. She felt horrible for Sam because she was in the same boat. I'm gonna stay out of this.

"And I'm just trying to take this-" Sam scoffs. "-this curse and make something good out of it. Because I have to." He looked down at ground.

Dean was quiet for a dew seconds. "Lets just go talk to the guy. I mean, Jack. Okay?"

Alexis figured this probably wasn't the greatest time to bring up the fact that she wanted to stop by a store and buy some M&M's.

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis walk into Jacks backyard to see him watering some plants.

"Jack Montgomery." Sam calls out making him turn to look at them. "I'm Sam Winchester. This is my brother, Dean and his girlfriend, Alexis. We need to talk."