"Which one?" Lee tried to figure out what I was referring to.

"The brown brush stroke painting."

"Because it's a collector's item and I find his work refreshing."

"That is a collector's item?" I repeated with a scoff, not believing him. I could paint something like that with my eyes closed.

"Yes, it is. When I bought it a few years ago, it was valued at 50k. Now it has tripled in its worth."

"Won?"

"No, dollar."

"Ya, no way! You're not saying that shitty brush swipe is now worth over 65 million won?!"

"Yes way."

"Fuck me," I whispered, flabbergasted. Lee gave me a knowing squeeze on my thigh. It made me tear my gaze away from the expensive painting to meet Lee's easy grin. Why the fuck was he so close to me? 

I slipped off the stool, closing the robe properly, then walked away from Lee to inspect some more ridiculously priced paintings. There were so many, and the thought of them being all so damn expensive was mind-blowing. I thought I had ludicrous hobbies, but he was taking the crown on this one.

Lee's living room felt like a place where you always found something new no matter how many times you've been there. This was only my second time, still, my curiosity was already triggered. 

I walked around this egg-shaped, soft-beige chaise longue with a curved backrest to get to the next painting that piqued my interest. "So," I continued, pointing my nose to the painting, "what about this one?"

Lee had followed me and stood behind me, a little to my left, and said, "A Japanese piece, bought it for thirteen million won."

"And now?" 

"I have to reevaluate it. But I think it increased a few mills." 

"Daebak," I mumbled, already walking to the next piece. "They have better value than a Chanel bag."

"That one is definitely worth more than a vintage Chanel," Lee countered back. The art piece he was referring to was a teeny-tiny Buddhist Patriarch figurine carved out of stone. It was safely placed underneath a square glass dome. "It's a museum artifact."

"So why do you have it?"

"Bought it to help the museum out. I'm keeping it here for the time being. But they can ask it back when there is an exhibition. The little guy belongs to our country, not me."

"Why buy it when it's not yours in the end." That was by far a waste of money. I scrunched my nose as I bent deeper to inspect the figurine. He had the palms of his hands placed against each other at chest level with his right thumb placed over the left.

"Sometimes it's not all about what you gain from it. Sometimes it is good to do good," he spoke in a soft tone.

"You're Buddha now?" I turned around to face him. Lee had his hands tugged away in the pockets of his sweatpants and looked at me with an unreadable expression. Which was most of the time, and it annoyed me like crazy. "What?" I asked through a huff and straightened my back.