Prologue

The Underground District

Is located under the safest land, that is being protected by the three outside walls.

An abandoned underground left over from the sealed Immigration Plan. In this land cast aside from the light, it's not rare for those who are born and raised here to rot away without even seeing the surface once.

.

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand as I was leaned against the cold concreted frame of the window in my bedroom. I was by myself listening to the whistle of the night, looking out to the darkened world as it's faded lights glew throughout the city. It was the only thing, that was beautiful about this place. When it's around night time, and there is no noise what's so ever, with the lights of the streets and everyone's homes, making the city glow. In the moment, that's when the Underground City was beautiful.

I blinked a few times before watching something that caught my eye. I watched as two men with what seem to be like maneuver gear, same thing the Military Police use, fly into the air. I raised my head off my palm and continued to watch as they swung into the air before lunching the gear to catch themselves, continuing to do the same process.

From the distance on what I could see, one of them had light brown hair and the other had black hair, dark as night. The two we're probably friends, my guess from how they stayed together when they soared into the air.

I was amazed and yet little jealous, I wanted to do that, I wanted to be in the air, I wanted to feel free just like that. It wasn't long till they both began disappearing in the distance to the point I couldn't see them anymore. My heart jolted a bit, hoping they'd come back so I'd watch them again, but nothing. They were gone. I leaned against the window frame again and smiled to myself.

I want to fly just like them.