Chapter 117

RACHEL

"You covered your entire bedroom with anything, Jonas Brothers? Who knew you were such a fangirl," Ezra teases me and pushes my shoulder. I have wanted to crawl into a hole ever since my mother started telling embarrassing stories, "Shut up. I loved Camp Rock," I gently slapped his face, very playful. They both continue laughing, but it's nice to see them getting along even though it's from making fun of them; she never got along with Wyatt this well, probably because half of them, he would show up at invites all hangover and throw up on Angela's new flowers.

I got lucky that Ezra is the polar opposite of him without him slapping me without warning, but with the drinking, the problems away and making a scene and causing someone to break down, and that someone was me. I cried in the bathroom because Wyatt assumed I was flirting with someone. But Ezra making a scene is ten times worse, with words that cut your heart out and stomp on it.

Meanwhile, as I was loading up the dishwasher, I saw my mother sleeping on the couch with her book on her chest; she must have been exhausted from flying since she couldn't sleep on the plane with loud noises and babies being all fussy. I carefully place her book on the coffee table and grab a blanket from the basket and place it on as someone's phone continues ringing as it did earlier. It's Ezra's, next to the Nicholas Sparks book, and notices a lot of missed calls from Eric; grab it to give it to him. I hear the shower going off, and he comes walking out with a black hanging off of his waist and gasps unexpectedly.

"Here's your phone," I tried to give him the phone with my hand shaking like I had too much coffee when my coffee addiction didn't start for today. I usually drink two or three cups a day. My mouth becomes dry from being stunned or forgetting how good he looks shirtless, with water drops running, his tattoos more noticeable.

"Thanks," he smiles, kissing my cheek when my eyes make their way. His body becomes more attractive every time I look at it, "Hey," he lifts my chin with his index finger, "Eyes up here. I mean, I know I'm sexy, just tell me," he seductively says as running a hand down my chest to my stomach and his fingers run against my underwear.

I stop him before my hormones can't, "We can't. My mother is in the living room sleeping," I tell him, placing his phone in his hand and beginning to walk away until he pulls my hand towards him, "Remember, you are all mine," I feel his minty breath against my neck, and I want to savor that smell as long as it lasts.

...

Hours later, my mother and I lay on the couch watching Christmas movies on Hallmark that are always too cheesy; I lost count of how many we had watched even to move or cook, so I ordered pizza and garlic cheese breadsticks for dinner. I look around momentarily to notice my mother falling asleep on the other side of the couch, and Ezra is nowhere to be found. The last time I saw him was when he got Eric's call about it.

I carefully get up from my seat so my mother doesn't wake up. I want to make sure Ezra is okay. I'm starting to get worried, with the quiet conversations and not even telling me what's going on, but the first thing I think is maybe he's talking to his mother; they haven't been on speaking terms since the party. Before going into the room, someone begins to knock on the door.

"Coming?" I shout out, grab some cash out of my purse from my wallet; open the door to wonder if it's the pizza I ordered moments ago, but it's surprising Andrea., "Hi, Andrea. Umm, I can tell Ezra you are here if you want," I tell her and close the door.

She nods no, and looks at the heavy box next to her feet, "These are presents for you and Ezra," she grabs the box and hands it to me. It's heavy, "Thank you so much. Why is it so heavy? Did you give us a bowling ball," I joke, and we both laugh, "No, it's not. I was packing up some boxes since I'm moving in with Jasper and found some home videos for Ezra. I can't get myself to watch them," she smiles as trying to not cry in front of me.

I wrap my arms around her for comfort, "Thank you, sweetheart. I apologize for being a mess. Are your parents inside?". I bite my lip, "Only my mom, umm, my dad has to work," I lie underneath my teeth.

"Oh, okay, I should get going. Enjoy the videos, and there's also albums," she says.

"Thank you," I grabbed the box, and luckily I left the door a little open so I could kick it open. As I walk inside, I place the box on the counter, grab a couple of the tapes and see their labels on them.

"Hey, Rach... what do you want for dinner?" Ezra comes around the corner, and his face tells of shock, "How?".

"Your mother gave me them," I replied, and gave them a tape saying, "Ezra meeting Skylar." He nods and walks away.

I smile a little, see a yellow envelope saying my name, open it, and it's information about a job offer, "What's that?" Ezra asks as he sees me looking at it, "Nothing. Just paperwork," I lie and shove it in the junk drawer beside me.