Chapter 67

RACHEL

Once arriving to Henry's house, it almost looks like a million dollar house of how hug it is; on the way here, we kept the conversation going about when talking about our past life, well mostly his life because my past life is filled with absent, alcoholic biological mother who couldn't keep a bottle of gin or whisky away from her hands and or hands of of me; we walk in in the house, it's completely pinch dark and we hear something.

"What's that noise?" I whisper to him, and feel him shrugging his shoulders as holding on to them, and he grabs a baseball bat that was by the door, "Stay behind me," he replies; walk closer to the sound, and something drops. Henry flips on the switch in the kitchen, "AHHH!" a girl screams while holding a sharp knife, "Madeline, what the hell! I almost had a heart attack," he utters out and laughs, "Baby, this is my friend, Rachel. We work together, do you mind if she stays here for a few days?" he asks.

Madeline drops the knife on the counter, holds out a hand and I shake it, "Nice to meet you and you're more than welcome to stay. This place is too big for the both of us, "Want a tour?" she wonders. I can't help not looking at her features, her soft caramel skin covered with freckles and wavy long brown hair to match her amber colored eyes, she looks like she's out of a model catalog.

...

A while later after Madleine showed me the guest room, that's bigger than my old dorm room was when I lived there, and now that I think about it, it seems so long ago now.

"There's a shower in the bathroom, soap and towels are in the pantry," she tells, rubs my shoulder for comfort, "If you need anything, call me or Henry," she says, and I nod, as I'm about to go towards the bathroom, but rush to Madeline and give her a hug, "Thank you," I thank her and she smiles as leaving the room.

I strip off my clothes since they're entirely still soaked and clenching on every curve of my body and as I look at my naked body in the mirror above the sink and  all I can think about is my first time, the pain but it was a different kind of pain, it was pleasure. This is pain, it's heart wrenching until your heart is destroyed by a monster created by its owner kind of pain. As I stepped in the hot water, my skin started warming up, it was freezing up from walking in the snow. All of my body was cold but not my heart because it was gone when seeing my blood on the sheets.

The. Fucking. Blooded. Sheets.

I can't believe that Ezra would do and be so heartless and cruel, tricking me to fall in love with him. Playing me like a stack of poker cards you play for a while until you win or lose. He won the game but he lost to me; I grabbed a 3-in-1 soap bottle from the pantry and lather it up in the white loofah. It smells like vanilla, which I love but reminds me of my vanilla body soap from home.

Suddenly all of the memories of Ezra and I, every touch of skin. Every savory of each kiss we had. My body is numb, back slides down the wall with water only touching my feet, and crawling up in a ball as the water howls out my screams and crying.

"AHHH!"  I scream out my pain and suffering of what did I do to deserve this, I rock back and forth, have a feeling of steadiness and repeating "I'm useless" over and over again.

As the water starts getting kinda cold, I slowly get up, my legs has a sense of numbness, turn off the water and wrap a purple towels around my body and hair when hearing yelling coming from the downstairs; I go to the dresser by the makeup variety, and open up all of the drawers to notice some short shorts that say 'love' and and raggy old t-shirt but I shrug my shoulders as putting them on and walk downstairs to see what's going on.

I see Lauren with my stuff in the living room talking to Madeline and Henry, "Hi Lauren," I slowly walk to her, trying to pull down my shirt enough to cover my ass from these annoying shorts that keep raising up my ass every time i take a step, "You are so welcome, girl–" she answers but looks over my shoulder and I turn around, and see Ezra.