Chapter 100

EZRA

It doesn't seem real that it has been two days since hearing or seeing Rachel. While sitting here in this hotel wanting to bang my head on the wall, I'm starting to get worried and get a headache from all the different smells that the maids kept spraying all around yesterday as cleaning up my mess. I'm a fucking slob, and I know epscially Rachel conties to tell me. I turn off the Tv that only shows the same shit such as the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies or cooking shows of how to cook and prepare the perfect best roast chicken.

When it came to Thanksgiving this year, it was just my mother and I's usually traditional for the holidays to order Chinese food and watch old home movies she made when Skylar and I were little. This year was a little different from Rachel joining, I loved seeing her helping out while baking a pumpkin pie as I sit on my ass to keep myself from wanting take off that fucking apron she's wearing and fuck her in the bedroom when my mother too busy to care.

*Ring Ring

I scattered around the room, grabbing my phone from the charger on the nightstand, "Hello?" I immediately hear sniffs on the other line, "Rachel? Baby? What's wrong?" I rush to ask, slide my feet into my canvas. I don't have time to tire the laces of my boots right note and head out the door, "I think I'm ready to see my mot...," she clears her throat, "My birth mother," she stumbles, saying what she's trying to say and trying to control her tears and I start to sweat a little because every time either of us mentions her mother. It's always leaving on bad terms, I don't want her to feel what I felt after talking to my father.

"Rachel, I don't think it's a good idea—" the line goes dead. I rush towards the elevator, press the down button a thousand times before it even opens. I called at least three times but all of them were denied.

...

Once pulling up at the over decorated house, I notice Rachel sitting on the porch swing. She's shivering down to her bones. I shake my head as being confuse of what the fuck is going on here; seeing here turning into a frozen skeleton in front of me but a sight of relief hits me from her wearing a jackets that's two sizes too big for her.

I roll down the passenger window and honk the horn twice. She looks up at me and surprisingly doesn't show any emotion which is strange because she usually smiles when I pull up and sees me. I turn the heat all the way up as she gets in, Rachel takes off her white beanie, along with her matching gloves, "Jeez Rach, you are fucking cold,". I grabbed both of her hands and placed them in between my hands.

"Better?" I ask and she just nods. She hasn't said anything since getting inside so I decided to break the ice, "Listen I understand the reason why you want to but I don't—-

"You don't think it's a good idea? Don't you?" She broke the ice itself. I nod, run my thumb up and down her cold cheek, "I just don't want you to get hurt,".

"Well I can deal with pain. I'm good at it and I need to see her before I back out again," she admits, grabs the GPS device from the dashboard and starts dialing a location, "What are you putting in the GPS?".

I look at the location, and it's to a women's community prison center. To her mother. I sign in hoping and praying that whatever 's going on in her will go well. I don't want her to break her own heart. I already have broken it enough myself. It's been at least an hour since there's been a word out of Rachel's mouth even when I stopped at the gas station to fill up my car. I hear snoring coming from her and laugh a little. I thought the loudest snorer was me but it was her all along. We still have a few minutes left until we arrive at the place.

Meaning that's minutes before she gets destroyed. I hate being crude about my thoughts but everything she has told me for the last four months of knowing her.