Chapter 72

EZRA

It's already been a week since I have seen or even heard from Rachel and it's killing me, even though I stare at her like a fucking creep during work or any class we have but I'm not staring, I'm glazing her sadness that I studpidly caused; espically during this meeting we both in with Eric yepping about the new opening company in Utah.

"Due to the poor income of the data in Utah, I made some calls down there to transfer some of their best employees to work here. Lauren, please tell the transfers to come in here?" he asks, as his phone rings and Lauren nods as going towards the door. As I open the door, there's three people coming in with nervous looks like they are scared freshman in high school, but one of the guys with a dumb lion's face on his hand and dumb smirk, maybe cocky, keeps looking at Rachel like she's fresh meat for him to chew. Back off buddy, she's mine. I look towards Rachel whose three chairs are down from me, her cheeks blushing a little as he gives her a wink, "Ezra? Are you paying attention?" Eric yells at me and I nod.

"Great! What I was saying, Adam—". The guy turns his head to Eric, "It's Austin," he suggests, fixes his damn flashing watch, "Yes, my apologies. Austin Bryant is our new editor. Any volunteers to help Mr. Bryant around?" Eric asks and everybody shrugs their shoulders as not wanting to help except one raising their hand, "I will help, Mr. Bryant," Rachel's voice hollows out in the room and stands up.

Eric hands her a file of paper, "Thank you Ms. Carson," he thanks her, she smiles at him and she walks past me with her hair smelling like the vanilla shampoo she always uses and they go out of the room.

...

Moments later, Eric continues asking people to show the newbies around the place, if they were children walking a museum and how to annoy me, Eric volunteers me to take some girl name Sabrina who likes to look like she came out of a Chanel store wearing a Chanel watch.

"Sabirna Graham, you will be with Ezra Miller. Watch out, he's a catch," he jokes and they laughs but I whisper 'Fuck Off' as getting up, loosing up my tie and whistle to the girl to follow  me when walking out of the meeting, "I'm Sabrina Graham, it's a pleasure to meet you," she sweetly says, hold out her hand at first I look at her hand then at her to brush it off but I quickly shake it, "You can call me Mr. Miller or Sir, I don't do first names, got it?" I bark.

She nods when writing it down on a pink notepad that she has been writing since we walked, it's like she's a reporter, "What are we doing now?" she asks as I block out her voice to hear closer what Rachel and Theo have been laughing about for the past five minutes, "Umm..." I glare around offices that are always too big even for an intern, "Your office," I lie because I'm too focused on overhearing Rachel laughing and smiling like the angel she is from across the hall and immediately my skin is burning and nails digging in.

"Mr. Miller?".

"What?".

"I think we are at my office," Sabrina assumes, goes inside a empty office, which is the same size of Rachel's but she has a better view of the city, of seeing it because the time I have spent in her office, we were definitely not talking about business things but I wash the thought away, "Listen, I really don't think this is your–," I get choked up by seeing a name tag outside saying 'Sabrina Graham, copywriter', "Oh shit, I'm sorry," I apologize, and walks away as she starts talking about splitting up the manuscripts.

I need to walk quickly before running into Rachel and Theo guy, yet karma's a bitch and out to get me, "Hi, I'm Theo," he introduces himself with a handshake with flashing his expensive watch, "Cool, Ms. Carson–" Ms. Carson where the fuck that come from, I look up with her hazel covered by tons of makeup with filled up the reddiness that her pupils have, and I'm distrusted, "Umm.. I have something for you in my office. Those papers you asked for last week, remember?" I tell a lie.. Again but it's just to have a moment or two before I lose her completely but the way she's looking at me.

I already have losted her to Texas guy but she nods, hands her stack of paper to Theo, "Can you put these on my desk, it's down this hall, four offices to the left," she ask as giving him directions nicely, I hate but love how she is. I guess the rumors are true, opposites attract themselves when she's all nice and fluffy like a teddy bear, and I'm the demon kid who rips the head off of it.

"Okay, let's go because I don't have time to waste," she firmly says with me following behind her and it's taking all of me not to put my hand around her hip or try not to look at her curvy legs and ass which looks so good in those gray suit pants. I catch up to her, hear a silent weep coming from her lips, "Ray.. I mean Rachel?". She doesn't hear me, walks into my office, I quietly close the door, "Rachel, I know you hate me but please listen to me?". I beg but that's all I seem to do with it is beg and beg, God damn, she's stubborn but a stubborn woman I love.

Rachel's grip onto a chair, signs, "I don't wanna hate you, Ezra," she surprisingly says and it shocks me, "What?". Before I say something else, her hands push me on the door, her sweet lips clash into mine but I pull away, "W-What are you doing?" I stutter, of what's going on. It's so wrong but she takes off her suit along with her white collar shirt to reveal her not so innocent white lace bra. My mouth waters off what she's doing, like I said, it's so wrong but so right as my fingers find her pants button "Are you sure?" I mumble into her mouth and her head slightly nods yes.

I take this as a sign of we are really meant to be or it's a plain fuck that she wants me to forgot about once it's over. I hope it's the first choice but I shut off my mind to make this moment last before the fire burns out.