XXVII

*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"pacify her - melanie martinez"
0:24 ─●──────── -3:22
◁ || ▷ ↺

(linked above !!)

lorenzo berkshire

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗

focus, focus, focus.

i was in no way in the right state of mind.

as soon as the door slammed, a fuming amira leaving the room, i went back to the things i was doing before i pushed the most perfect human to exist even further away from me.

i couldn't help it.
i simply couldn't let her get involved in this mess.

the torn piece of paper in my fisted hand, wet from the pathetic tears i had spilled.

good fucking merlin, please help me.

the morning before . . .

a constant, loud knock at what appeared to be the window next to my bed forced me out of my slumber, making me curse underneath my breath.

only then i realized what i have gotten myself into the night before.

my arm was lazily wrapped around a petite body, around a feet shorter than me. my so called "best friend".

strands of hair were all over her face, jumping at every exhale, her lips curled up into a small grin you could recognize from the corner of her lips.

i did in no way regret what happened. you could say i've had my fair share of interactions with females over the past two years. not meaningful.

not luna, not pansy, god, not even daphne. none of the others. the others i used to cope with my issues.

but her.

having her melt into my arms so perfectly, that little smile, glistening icy blue eyes.

magnificent.

all of the admiration made me realize what the reason for being awake that moment was.

carefully, i removed my arm around the girls waist.

as i sat up, i immediately noticed the loss of warmth that was coming from her. the feeling of home.

my eyes darted to the window, frowning at the silhouette of an owl at 6am.

rubbing my eyes, i took a closer look.

the black nightbird was holding tightly onto the window frame, beak smashing against the window in aggression, holding a letter.

a letter wrapped in a black envelope with a golden wax seal.

what kind of bastard i don't know of decides to send me a fucking letter at 6 in the morning? on top of that why make it look like that? is that my official death letter?

slightly angry at all the knocking i stood up, opening the window and grabbing the letter, the bird staring at me like i was argus filch.

slamming the window closed in the quietest way possible, i checked if it really was addressed to me.

to
lorenzo charles berkshire
hogwarts

i never knew it could be possible to actually shudder from fear until i turned the letter around and took a closer look at the wax seal.