II

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗

amira jane snape

the familiar sounds of the train rattling seemed to knock me back into reality. damn, i must have fallen asleep.

"you know for a fact, that i, draco malfoy, do not accept, let alone befriend people of her kind." not this again.

i didn't even have to open my eyes to know what was going on. the usual - draco bickering over lucille granger being a muggle born. i, on the other hand, refuse to believe that's what he really thinks of them. he was just born into the wrong family - his father lucius, who did not even share a glance with others that weren't purebloods.

the fact that he did approve of me as a halfblood had always confused me. perhaps because of his friendship with my father.

though with lucille granger, it had always been different. ever since we all became our own little friend group, everybody was getting along without any troubles - except for draco malfoy and lucille granger.
draco did despise her with his guts, kept slurring at her, calling her names, that really were very hurtful sometimes.

my eyes fluttered open, that was when i realised my head was resting on somebody's shoulder, but before i could look up, my eyes traveled to the platinum blonde on the opposite of me. "shove off draco, lucille casted spells before you could barely say mummy" i responded, sending him a look that visibly told him to stop. i earned a warm smile from luce in return.

"right, go wank it off malfoy, maybe that will give you the satisfaction you need mate" blaise muttered, making all of us laugh.

i raised my head, glancing at lorenzo, whoms shoulder i had been sleeping on. "good nap, yeah?" he questioned quietly as i nodded my head, looking into his hazel eyes. they were so bright. "best nap ever, gotta use you as my pillow more often" i said playfully, a giggle escaping my lips.
and of course, he returned a smirk to that. lorenzo berkshire, get these naughty thoughts out of your damn mind. "sure you'd like that, love." he winked. love.

not this feeling. not again.

enzo had always been the friendly type, raised to be a gentleman, which he was. he was just way too nice sometimes. he respected the female gender as well as muggle borns - in comparison to his bitter cousin. you could really say they were the complete opposite of each other, and yet best friends.

he also had his reputation, though. high body count, girls treating him like a rare snack whenever he would walk by in the corridors, being a real heart breaker. as his best friend, i could very much agree with all of these. even if only a few people knew his vulnerable side combined with his terrible backstory.

back to the point;

yes, i did have some sort of childish feelings for lorenzo berkshire in the beginning of fifth year.

yes, we did make out at a slytherin party back then and decided it wouldn't affect our friendship in any way so we ended up never speaking of it again.

no, i never told him how i felt back then, he had enough of other stuff going on and so did i.

no, i do not feel like this anymore. like i said, it was a childish crush and my hormones were going crazy.

but is he a good kisser?  merlin, fuck yes - he is.

"amira you seem so out of it today, are you good?" onny questioned, grabbing onto my hand gently. just thinking of my best friend i used to like that i now strictly like platonically but can't stop thinking about him.

"yeah, just tired" i responded quietly, giving her a reassuring smile.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

it felt so odd to be back in hogwarts for some reason. all of us grew so much, i remember the first time we entered the great hall vividly. it was an epic moment, probably the happiest one of my life. and seeing these first years getting sorted really made me get flashbacks.

apparently, i wasn't the only one.

"remember when it was us sitting up there, all nervous?" lucille questioned, facing me.

"remember malfoy's hairstyle back then, though,?" i snorted at blaise's comment "looked like you never washed your hair."

"if you don't shut it right now," he hissed back, i was holding back a laughter, so was lorenzo who was sitting to my right.

"dude i don't think you should be the one speaking of looks while wearing a dirty ass robe ... disgusting." onyx threw back at blaise, who was clearly offended by her friendzoning him.

the both of them had had a weird exclusive friendship ever since year 4, but never seemed to get any further with it. i get blaise's point, though, onyx the loughrey is not a person who you'd want to pick a fight with.

i flinched a bit as i felt a hand nudge my side and turned to have the brunette head in my eyesight again. "what is it?" i whispered, leaning closer since i did not want to interrupt dumbledore's speech that he had just started. "you and the girl's coming to our dorm later? celebrating first day back, i got some excellent muggle herb and draco has brought firewhiskey."

i pondered for a second, thinking about how a night there could possibly go. grumpy draco, snarling at lucille - right now because of what she's wearing - , onyx and blaise bickering around all the time,
luce being intimidated by draco. what a great evening that was going to be.

"alright" i responded quickly, making him grin widely.

my attention then was going back to professor dumbledore, who had just snapped his fingers to make plates of food appear on our house tables.

as i felt a hand placed on my thigh, my eyebrows shot up in confusion, thinking of it being onyx to my right, but the size didn't match onny's.

instead, it was bloody lorenzo berkshire's. and he was just sitting there eating and chatting calmly, while my own body seemed to tense up.

for him, this was a friendly gesture, it has always been. and i never seemed to catch fire at his touch - except for this time. this feeling was weird. i wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible.

merlin, berkshire, what are you doing to me so suddenly...

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

100%
ready to continue reading?
yes        |         no

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

'*•.¸♡ admin note . . . ♡¸.•*'    

hello!! how did you like this chapter??

also - don't be afraid of moving too fast, I WILL 100% MAKE SURE WE WILL NOT.

this is just to keep y'all excited and to add some spice ;))

also, decided to keep lucille, we need the drama.

MWAH!!