Chapter 20 ( Dirty Little secrets )

KAREN'S POV

After this morning's event I can't stop reflecting at my horrible past. I had made a terrible mistake. I had committed a sin. Will God ever forgive me? I was 22,I had no choice at the time. It was a beautiful mistake though. I don't regret it one bit, but it haunts my soul because it was a crime. I stole another woman's child.

Flash back

15 years ago

I'm in the hospital and I was about to give birth to a beautiful baby girl. "Do you think I'll make it Will? I asked my husband that was holding my hand.

" Yes we will baby. "was all he said.

The pain was coming on and I knew I was ready. I was in Labour. I'm the happiest woman alive I thought. I was married to a handsome man and was going to give birth to a beautiful babe.
I pushed and pushed at the doctor's request. Soon I heard crying. The wonderful sound.

"Yay! "everyone yelled in unison.

I had held her in my arms, but it was curtailed because she was taken to the incubator for further complications.

2hrs later

I was in the hospital room alone with doctor Hart." Karen... Your baby. "

I grabbed his collar," What is it doctor? What wrong with my baby? "

" Your baby's poor little heart did not form good during your pregnancy. She didn't make it. We tried, but she died in nurse Belle's arms. I'm sorry Karen. "he said caressing my head that I buried in his chest.

I sobbed," No? No... Doctor your joking right? She can't die... It's not fair. No ooooohhhhh... Why? Why? "I cried my heart out.

1 month later

My days have been filled with misery. I was told I can't get pregnant again. I sat my window thinking and suddenly my phone rang. It was Will calling.

" Honey, I have good news. Doctor Hart and I compromised a deal. We are going to get a baby. "

" What deal? "I ask intrigued.

" One of his patients, Elena Scott a young woman not married yet gave birth to a beautiful baby girl similar to ours. She came in the hospital drunk and it seems she doesn't care about the baby so he's going to tell her the baby died and then sell us the baby. "

" But that's cruel. I don't want that poor woman to suffer like I am. "

" The woman can have more babies, but honey you can't. I'm sure you would be a better mother. Now do you want the baby or not? "

" Yes... Yes I want the baby. "

" Alright meet me at the hospital. "
The line clicked dead.

I drove to the hospital and met with doctor Hart. We sat in his office and talked." Mr and Mrs Williams this is a great risk okay and I want full payment. If you can't fully repay me then you'll have to promise me that the baby you're holding will marry my son in the future. "

I looked at the beautiful baby I was holding," Doctor but why marriage? "I asked.

" Because that's the prettiest baby I've ever seen. Imagine when she's older how beautiful she'll look. My son deserves her. "

" Promise, "I said and signed a contract.

End of flash back

I picked up my cellular phone and dialed doctor Hart's number.

" Hello, "he greeted cheerfully.

" How dare you set your son on my daughter at this young age? "I asked with anger.

" Ah, Karen, I knew you would call sooner or later once you realize they are dating . I didn't set my son on your daughter. They seem to have bonded at school. "

" You listen to me Mr Hart, my daughter will never marry your son. I will pay you back. You better make sure your son keeps his zipper up or I'll cut his penis off myself. Damn bastard! "I cursed into the phone.

" Do get rude with me Karen or I'll encourage my son to get it on with her in my own house. I listen to her getting it and then tell you everything I heard and all details. So don't push it Karen! "

" You wouldn't?! "I scoffed.

" Try me! I'll even tape it! "he let out a deadly chuckle.

I swallowed the lump in my throat." Okay Hart you win. I'll pay you your stinking money. Until then tell your damn son to stay away from my baby girl! "

" Your Baby girl?"he asked.

"You are really pushing my temper! You didn't tell your damn son about it did you?! "

" No Karen and neither my new wife. I can't keep them apart okay. I have work to do so bye. "
The line clicked dead.

I stood in the hall pondering and raged filled. I sighed," If only Will was alive he'd know what to do. " Serena is at Mrs Murphy's house her own biological mother who ironically happens to be my neighbour. I hope she doesn't recognize the resemblance.

SERENA'S POV

I sat in Mrs Murphy's sofa biting my lip and panicking." Child quit your worrying. "Mrs Murphy said.

" I'm sorry Mrs Murphy I just don't know what to do. I need Brett he always seems to comfort me. "

" Oh sweetie you can call him over here if you want and please call me Elena. " she said," oh you might want to wear something nice for him too instead of that t shirt and baggy shorts. "

" My clothes are at my house. I'm afraid that mom might slap me again. "

" I have a closet filled with beautiful clothes. I used to be a fashion designer and makeup artist in my young days. "

Elena led me to the closet of clothes. I stood in front of it looking." Well go ahead open it, "she beamed.
I opened the closet and saw the most beautiful dresses ever. I stood there in awe. A red and black dress caught my eyes. It was beautiful. It had lace front and the back tied with black silk ribbons in a cris cross fashion. The dress had a sweetheart top without straps. I reached out to touch it, but stopped mid way. I turned to look at Elena. She smiled at me. "Go ahead," she said. I took the dress in my hand and caressed the silk material.

I tried on the dress and it ended at my knees. It fitted me prefectly in every possible way. My breast even looked larger somehow. Elena clasped a necklace around my neck. It was silver with diamond hearts all around it. I looked at her, "I can't wear this Elena it's your dress and accessories."

"I insist, "she plead.

" Okay, "I said defeated.

I let down my hair and looked at how beautiful I was in the mirror. Elena had given me her red pumps to wear.

" Call Brett and go out with him. "

I nodded and went to call him.

A few minutes later Brett's car pulled up. I went to meet him. He was handsome as usual. Wearing a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbow. Black jeans pants and black shoes.

" Wow Serena... Baby you look amazing. So beautiful... "

I blushed and walked towards him. I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

" Have fun kids! " Elena yelled as we walked to the car.

I got in the car and sat down. Brett turned to me," Mind explaining why your at the Murphy's house? "

" I'll fill you in later I promise and please no more hickies in areas where people can see them. "

" Gotcha Babe!" he said and we drove off.