Chapter 17 ( Say Something I'm Giving Up On You)

I woke up early and went straight into my bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and sighed long and hard. Should I avoid Brett today?... I asked my self. Should I obey mom words? What should I do? I'm was so confused and my head started to hurt a little. I walked away and went into the shower. The warm water running down my body made my shoulders relaxed and my headache had vanished. After my refreshing shower I brushed my teeth and went to put on my clothes. I was used to wearing a blouse and slacks with my hair curly, but today I wanted to dressed different.
I straightened my hair, put on pink loose blouse that had "kiss me" written across the front in black suede fabric and put on a pair of black ripped jeans. I topped it off with black and pink vans. I put on a little lip gloss and a light coat of mascara. I was looking quite different and I looked pretty. I grabbed my school bag and rushed down stairs. I noticed the kitchen was empty so I shrugged my shoulders and went through the front door.
Outside I was greeted and stopped by my mother. "Good morning young lady and might I say wow?"

"Mom what's your problem?! Can't I just go and catch the bus before it leaves?! "I stated bluntly as I walked off. I was suddenly pulled back by my mom.

" You better drop that attitude young lady. I raised you to know better. My God I really wonder what has gotten into you?! " she let go off of my arm. She went straight inside.
I mumbled something to myself and exited the yard.

****************************

2 month later

It's been 2 months now avoiding Brett. He would send me notes and I would throw them away. He would call my name out loud and I wouldn't answer. He texted me and I wouldn't reply or answer his calls. I felt really shallow and empty without him. I made the wrong decision and all I did was to sulk about it. I had thrown away the one and only guy I've ever loved because of my mother.
After school I went home and slept until about six in the evening. I realized mom was away at my aunt's house because she was ill. I went down stairs and into the kitchen and I found a note.
'I won't be home until Sunday okay. Plz go shopping for food and stay inside. I asked Mrs Murphy to keep an eye on you.
With love mom '

I sighed and went upstairs to get my coat. I realize I was still in my pajamas, but I didn't care just put on the coat and left the house.
I entered Olive Gardens and I almost choke on air when I saw Brett and Marissa having dinner together. I was really hungry so I didn't exit. I scooted pass them and sat down. I tried not to looked at them but I failed. My eyes made contact with Brett's and I could see the guilt and hurt I caused him. I looked away because a tear escaped my eyes and I was no longer hungry. I got up to leave, but at the door I stopped and looked up to see an handsome familiar face looking down on me.
"Hey beautiful! "he said.

" Oh hi uhm... Cliff? "

" So where you going so early and looked there's Brett and Marissa let us join them. "he called and wave to them.

" I... I can't... I uh have to leave now. If you please excuse me? "I stated trying not to cry or sounding hurt.
Cliff hugged me and then walk away to join the two. I hurried out of the restaurant and started to walk down the road.

I suddenly felt a strong grip on my arm and I turned around to try and fight off the stranger. I ceased when I saw his hazel eyes staring deep into mine. I felt like I couldn't breathe and the world around me disappeared. "Don't scare me like that and let go off my arm Brett!" I barked feeling angry at him for dating his ex.

"Serena why? "was all he said and ran his hand through his hair.

I held down my head trying to avoid eye contact." Why what? "I spoke softly almost like a whisper.

" Why did you hurt me. I actually gave you my heart. You said you loved me, but yet still you avoided me for 2 whole months. "

Tears started to escape my eyes and I couldn't stop them." I had to Brett. My mother told me to and I just obeyed her words. I.... I... Still love you and I know I always will. "

" Then please stop avoiding me and let me hold you. " he came closer to me and our faces were inches apart. I could feel his minty breath on my face. He bent his head down so that his face was even with mine. I wanted him to kiss me senselessly because I missed his lips and touch." Brett..."was all I could whisper. The feeling of being alive was back and the fire was ignited once more.
His hands slid down the arch of my back and cupped my backside. I gasped at the sudden action but it was swallowed by his passionate and deep kiss. I held on to his neck giving him a better access to explore my mouth. I ran my fingers through his hair and grabbed a fistful of it.
I pulled away and looked away. I didn't know if I should give into him or reject him. "Brett I have to go because my mom isn't home and my neighbour is probably freaking out by now."

"I'll drive you home. "

" No, your car is too far away. I don't mind walking. "

" Then I'll walk with you... If you would allow me please? "he asked with an award winning smile.

" Yes. "I said. I just couldn't resist his beautiful and desperate smile.

We started walking and silence was what a company us. About the next 8 minutes I was standing at my door." So this is it. "I said dryly.

" What about us? "

" Oh, I don't know. "

" Serena, don't tell me you're going to avoid me still. If you don't want me around you just break up with me and I'll leave. "

At those words I yanked him onto me forcing me to lean against the door. I kissed him deep and passionately. I broke the kiss," I would die without you! "

" So I guess you will live because I'm never leaving you. "he chuckled.

" Excuse me! " a voice yelled.

" Its not what it looks like Mrs Murphy. Please don't tell my mother."

"Oh, sweet I was once young and my mom let me threw the one man I ever loved through the door. Now I'm married to someone else but is still in love with another. I won't let that happen to you. "

" Uhm... Mrs Murphy... I didn't say... "

She cut me off," I heard you and your mother arguing. I also hear your sobs at night. "

My cheeks turned red because Brett heard everything and that I cried for him.
" You get inside now and nice seeing you, you nice handsome young man. "she turned and went inside of her house.

Brett looked at me with a goofy smile," You cried for me huh? "

" Oh don't even start. "
We went inside together.