E. 10

[5 DAYS Later]

Lucas P.O.V

"I'm going to go checkup on the girls Chres." I said as I dropped Chresanto off at the new link up the "trap."

"Whatever mane." He said as he stepped out of the car and I drove back on to the streets back to the house.

*

"You alright Deja?" I asked as I noticed the bruises Chresanto had given her the night before for being disrespectful towards him. "I-I'm fine." She said in a croon tone. "I'm going to get you out of here." I whispered in her ear and she tensed up.

I knew her being abused and fussed at was turning her into a freak. "H-huh" She stuttered and I smiled a little bit. "I'm going to help you out of here." I said and helped her throw on her shoes. "What about Paris? She deserves to leave to." She said as she looked over at Paris who was still kind of paralyzed.

She hadn't been eating the food we were giving her and she also just stayed quiet and did what she was told, but she still disgusted me and I hoped Deja wouldn't have looked at her the way she did. "She'll be fine." I replied. "No she's not, If you won't help her escape then I'm staying here." Deja said getting ready to remove her shoes, but I stopped her and sighed.

"I'll help her alright? But I have to get you out of here first ok?" I said and she nodded. I helped her up and picked her up carrying her out of the house.

I know If Chresanto found out what I was doing he would kill me on spot, but he wasn't going to find out. I was getting tired of him hurting her in front of my face acting if the shit was cool, even though I wasn't happy with Deja I still loved her and I wanted her out of there, so I was willing to help her out.

"So why are you helping me now?" She asked applying her seat belt as I drove out.

"Because I love you and I'm tired of having to see you get hurt like that. I'm going to protect you alright?" I said and I saw her nod out of my peripheral vision.

**

Once I got back in Atlanta, I drove straight to my apartment not trying to be caught by anyone, because I knew Chresanto had people out here watching his shit.

I carried her in and laid her across the couch. "You're leaving me here?" She asked and I nodded. "Look you have to stay here a couple of days and I repeat don't leave for anything at all." I said going over to my drawers pulling out a spare gun I had and a wad of cash.

I handed her the cash with the gun and she looked at me in confusion. "What's this for Lucas?" She asked taking it from me sitting it on the table. "It's for protection. Don't let anyone in or out of this apartment room aight? I'll be back to check on you when I can. I'll call the house phone and check in on you from time to time, just don't leave alright?" I said staring into her eyes while she nodded.

I kissed her forehead and headed out of the apartment to be faced with Daniel. "Daniel? What the fuck nigga?" I said pushing him back a little bit and he stumbled.