grocery meet -D.P.

you were currently in the grocery store with your two year old son, caleb, on the search for groceries and more toys.

as you had went down the snack aisle on a search for superhero themed fruit snacks for your rambunctious toddler and some goldfish for you.

"hey, c, do you want black panther fruit snacks or toy story fruit snacks?" you ask, looking at the two boxes. you waited for an answer from your boy who was usually quick to answer, but there was no reply.

you look around you to see your son nowhere to be found. you immediately start to panic as you worry about your son.

"c?" you question, walking out of the aisle and discarding your cart. no answer still. you walk around store quickly, not wanting to seem like a madwoman if you ran around.

your heartbeat starts to increase even more. you were actually about to go find an officer that patrolled the store everytime you were there, until you heard familiar tiny giggles.

you had walked into the toy aisle (which you weren't surprised due to him begging you for another black panther toy.)

as you walked down the aisle, you noticed your little boy in a mans arms who looked about your age.

"oh my god, caleb alexander!" you huff, rushing over to the boys. "mama, he wike toy!" caleb exclaimed as you took him in your arms from the man.

you nodded at your son as you were embarrassed that you let him get away from you.

"i am so sorry. we were in the snack aisle and then he was gone. thank you so much..." you apologized, trailing off at the end knowing that you don't know his name.

"dean. my name is dean portman and it's all good, princess. the little guy was just here reaching for the black panther toy and i just so happened to be coming down here to find a barbie doll for my daughter." he smiled, making you blush at the nickname he had called you.

"thank you so much dean, is there anyway i could pay you?" you ask. "your number." he smirks, pulling out his phone and handing it to you

you chuckle as you take his phone, typing your number into his keypad. you hand it back to him with a smile.

"thanks, you'll now be known as the hot chick from the store." he jokes, making you giggle, which also caused your son to giggle. "my name's y/n by the way."

"cute. well, i gotta go and pick up my daughter from my friends house. i'll see you around?" he asked, crossing his arms. you nodded, flashing him a smile that made his heart flutter.

"great. well, i'll see you two around. just be careful and don't give your mom any more heart attacks." dean smiled, tickling calebs stomach, making him laugh.

"bye dean!" you say, "bye bye dean!" your son waves with you. "bye little man, gorgeous." he winked before walking away.

you turned to your son, "i think you just helped me meet your future daddy."