happy birthday!! -G.G

[summary: y/ns birthday is today, but everyone forgot (or so she thought)]

-----------------

y/n woke up to her blaring alarm. she groaned as turned around in her bed to face her clock.

she slammed the button, making it turn off. she sat up in her bed, rubbing her cheek. it was silent and peaceful.

the birds were chirping, the wind was making the trees bump into her window, and the cars we're driving by. it was amazing.

after she snapped out of her thoughts, she gasped. it was her 15th birthday. she got out of bed quickly with a big smile on her face.

the y/h/c girl put on a white tank top, some jeans, and she tied a yellow flannel around her waist. she also threw on some white nikes.

and with that, she walked out of her bedroom. she made her way to the bathroom.

--------------

after she finished doing her morning routine, she made her way downstairs to reveal nothing but an empty kitchen.

well, it wasn't empty. it was just missing... people. people like her parents.

she sighed sadly, making her way towards the refrigerator. when she got in front of it, she saw a note that was taped on the fridge. it read:

dear y/n, your dad and i went to work early but we'll be back around like 9:30-ish. also, don't forget to do your homework and walk the dog. love you babygirl.

she facepalmed. they didn't even mention her birthday. it pissed her off.

she was so mad, she didn't even eat.

when she got to school, she saw her boyfriend guy and her other duck friends. she smiled to her self as she walked over to them.

maybe they remembered her birthday.

"hey squishy." she said, pecking him on the lips, him gratefully returning it.

"hey people." she greeted the others. they all waved to her and said hi's back.

"c'mon lovebirds. lets get to class before we're late." adam told them. they all walked away, except y/n.

she stood there with her mouth open and her arms at her side.

they really forgot to say happy birthday. especially guy.

"hey y/n, you comin' or what?" jesse asked, snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

she nodded her head and did a mini jog until she caught up to him.

"you okay?" the brownskinned boy asked the girl. "yeah, i'm fine." she replied. it was a lie.

jesse shrugged and kept walking with y/n following behind.

----------------

that whole day. nobody said a word to her about her birthday. not her mom. not her dad. not her relatives. not her boyfriend. not her best friends.