-023-

Never got the chance
To say a last goodbye
I gotta move on
But it hurts to try

-Dancing With Your Ghost, Sasha Alex Sloan

••••••

Yunhee covered her uncle's mouth with her tiny hand while Jaemin stared at the dude with wide eyes.

And Jeno? He just didn't want to be there.

JAEMIN- Are you a stalker because you are horrible at your job okay-

The disrespect was more felt than said.

HAECHAN- EXCUSE- I meant excuse me? I am a very respectful fan good sir and no I'm not a stalker? The disrespect? Huh.
JAEMIN- Then what are you doing here?
HAECHAN- I could ask you and Mr. Hot Guy behind you the same thing?
JENO- Oh gosh thank you-

Jaemin turned back to look at Jeno with a glare.

JENO- What? Don't you accept compliments when you get the- okay I'll stay quiet.

"Please calm down they'll hear us!" Yunhee exclaimed. 

Jaemin and Jeno turned to look at the tiny human. And it wouldn't be an overstatement to say that they had never seen a cuter human in their whole entire life.

"Oh. My. God- you are so cute-" Jaemin cooed, as the 5 year old girl blinked her eyes. "She's like a little life-sized doll shut up-" Jeno added. "Thank you." Yunhee said, smiling, her eyes turning into small crescents. "You both are really cute and handsome too, oh- and I-I've also seen you on the television." 

"That's all I wanted to achieve as an actor, good day I'm retiring." Jaemin said, containing tears of awe. "What's your name, precious?" Jeno asked.

YUNHEE- My name is Huang Yunhee. I'm 5 and a half years old. *smiles*
JAEMIN- That's an absolutely adorable name for an absolutely adorable human-

  "Okay that would be enough, we know she's adorable." Haechan said, raising a brow, taking Yunhee back to his side possessively. "Uh and who are you? Her brother?" Jeno returned. "Her uncle precisely. Her father's my best friend- but why must I let you know?"

JAEMIN- But you already did that. *smirks*
HAECHAN- I could be lying you know, actor-nim. *smirks*
YUNHEE- But you are my uncle-
HAECHAN- SHH- Yunhee!

"Don't shush her, what are you guys doing here? "

~~~~

6 people. One table. Two with murder in their heads and three faces of fear. And a 5 year old looking at both the parties with confusion.

RENJUN- So he's your twin?
SHINHYE- Unfortunately.
JAEMIN- HEY-
SHINHYE- *raises brow* You have something to say?
JAEMIN- Sorry noona.

Jaemin sat back in his pink ski mask, sipping on his coffee.

Not going to lie, he was deathly scared of an angry Shinhye.

SHINHYE- More like it. You guys know each other?
HAECHAN- Well- no we just met a minute or two ago-
RENJUN- Oh and what were you doing here?
HAECHAN- ...drinking coffee?
RENJUN- Behind an empty counter?
HAECHAN- I'm antisocial-
RENJUN- Yeah right. Yunhee?
YUNHEE- He was spying on you two.
HAECHAN- What happened to teamwork-
RENJUN- That's my girl. Okay, let's head out now. You are hopeless, Lee Donghyuck-
SHINHYE- I could say the same for Backstabber and his flamingo-headed evil-influence.
HAECHAN- Flamingo headed- pfft--

Haechan was met by 4 angry glances.

HAECHAN- I'm sorry.

SHINHYE- It was nice meeting you, Renjun. See you later. Bye Yunhee!

Renjun. That name sounds familiar. Jaemin thought to himself. On second thoughts, he does look a bit familiar. Hunh.

RENJUN- Pleasure. See ya, bye. Yunhee, say bye?
YUNHEE- Bye Ms. Na!
SHINHYE- Bye honey! And you two *looks at Jaemin and Jeno* we'll talk, come on.

~~~~

"He's a single parent? And you were his kid's teacher?"
"Yes! What were you thinking?"

Jeno had volunteered to drive as the twins fought at the back seat.

JAEMIN- Oh oh don't mind me, just a little cautious on who you choose to hang out with!
SHINHYE- Which is my individual freedom?
JAEMIN- WELL PERHAPS DON'T USE THAT FREEDOM RECKLESSLY?
SHINHYE- I AM AN ADULT AND I KNOW WHO I SHOULD TALK TO. YOU ARE NO ONE TO TELL ME. What's your problem, for God's sake Jae?

JAEMIN- WHY I'M SORRY THAT WE BASICALLY GREW UP TOGETHER, ALMOST ALWAYS ALONE AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU SAD? NOT EATING WELL? OF COURSE THAT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU DOES IT NOW! OH, LAST TIME I DIDN'T AND THEN THAT SON OF BITCH TOOK FREE PASS. Oh let's have a fact check, I warned you about that too!

JENO- Guys let's not get serious now please-

SHINHYE- OH NO I WANT TO HEAR THIS. How does this have ANYTHING to do with Sangwoo? Is he also a 'I told you so' narrative? Is he? So what, now you won't even let me make friends? You don't realize it still pains me sometimes right? Absolutely great.
JAEMIN- I didn't say-
SHINHYE- Don't talk to me.
JAEMIN- Hye-
SHINHYE- Shut it, Jaemin.

Shinhye shifted to the side and looked out of the window, observing the sky darkening as the sun set with time. The wind kept picking its pace and clouds gathered the skies.

Soon enough it started raining.

~~~~

"Bro- we just met Na Jaemin- like Na Jaemin! The REAL NA JAEMIN-"

And someone was still not letting go of the most iconic moment of his life.

"Dad, you know, Uncle Haechan was so surprised I almost thought his head would pop off- dad?"

Renjun, needless to say, was still pissed. But not wanting to scream at his daughter, he tried to keep his cool. By keeping quiet and simply driving.

HAECHAN- Can you not stay quiet Jun it's scaring me-
YUNHEE- Dad is looking scary. :(
HAECHAN- Renjun will you please talk?
RENJUN- If you don't shut up, I'll rip your head off, Donghyuck.
HAECHAN- Oh, God- he said Donghyuck- Yunhee let's keep quiet okay?
YUNHEE- Is dad angry?
HAECHAN- Very. Let's just keep shut okay?
YUNHEE- I'm scared-

To block out the talking Renjun played the radio on high volume.

HAECHAN- Got that, thank you- God have mercy.

"Dear listeners, this is the Weather Department. There is expected to be a thunderstorm and heavy winds as you'd observe, please get inside your homes or anywhere close by as fast as possible."

Renjun looked outside the window to the see the night sky adorned with rain clouds. Soon after, lightning strikes were also visible. The wind was already quite speedy. Yunhee, who got scared by the lightening, hugged her uncle, he pet her head.

RENJUN- Home's a bit too far off, we need to find a place to stay for some time till the storm passes.

°•••°•••°