-013-

The high school walls gave off a weird sense of nostalgia to Renjun. He could not believe that it had only been a few years since when he was in one of these similar hallways. Would that reckless teenager believe what was the future held for him?

Jihoon had talked with Shinhye, letting her know that Renjun would be coming to meet her, after school hours. Renjun had absolutely no idea that Ms. Na (he couldn't lie, because of her appearance, he mistook her to be a newbie) was a high school teacher. It was a naïve judgement. Well, at the end, it all boils down to how well you know your craft, right?

Haechan did not accompany him along as he was requested by Renjun to keep Yunhee company at home, as her school hours had ended. And Haechan had agreed, always happy to spend time with his partner-in-crime for all plans against her father.

The hallways were all pretty empty, since the school hours had ended. Some children were in the classrooms, studying, chatting- this and that of high school life.

??- I think I told you to do my homework on TIME you disgusting little brat--
???- I-I'm sorry--

Renjun stopped in his tracks to see a student getting bullied. The poor boy, held onto by the collar, was shoved against a locker, crying helplessly. Hunh. Some things never change I guess.

Renjun could either just walk past, or he could interfere.

And of course, he chose the second option.

RENJUN- Excuse me, but can you let him go? Bullying is not something that counts as a very good merit.

The bully was enraged on being interrupted.

??- And who might you be? Guardian angel of some sorts?
RENJUN- Not really, but all I'm trying to say is that, bullying someone is not something to be proud of.
??- Who do you think you are- also, I haven't seen you around here. You have a lot of courage for a newbie. I doubt you even know your way around.

The bully, who's name was Beomseok, presumed Renjun to be a new student. Huge mistake.

RENJUN- Listen, kid. As I said, this ain't gonna take you nowhere, so just let him alone.
BEOMSEOK- You little-

Beomseok flung a punch at him but it never reached it's destination. Renjun stopped his hand right there.

RENJUN- Listen kiddo, first of all, I'm not one of you, I have completed my high school and I am a college pass out. Did no one ever teach you to respect elders and listen to what they say? Kids like you disgust me.

Beomseok retracted his hand, eyes shivering with fear.

BEOMSEOK- O-Oh I- um- uh-
RENJUN- If you want a good life, then first learn to be a good person. You can do very well in your life, earn quiet a lot too. But none of that matters if no one respects you, likes you. Secondly, learn to do your own homework, if you want help, ask politely. I have no reason to go about putting up fights with high school students like you, I don't need to either. 10 years from now, your existence won't even matter to me. So yeah, stop being a douche.

"What's going on here?"

Jeno entered the scene to see Beomseok (mind you, Beomseok had flunked his subject), looking down at his feet.

BEOMSEOK- N-Nothing Mr. Lee-
RENJUN- Are you the teacher..?
JENO- Yes? Do I know you..?
RENJUN- You don't. But I think it's important for you to know that this student over here was caught bullying, which is definitely not acceptable I suppose.

JENO- Do Beomseok.
BEOMSEOK- I-I- um- I wasn't-
JENO- Young man, you had been suspended for a month for this very reason, I see that nothing has changed.
BEOMSEOK- Please forgive me Mr. Lee- I won't do it agai-
JENO- Off to the Principal's office. I was heading there either ways so, more or less convenient for me.