-022-

Noises, I play within my head
Touch my own skin
In hopes that I'll still be there

Lights, Ellie Goulding

~~~~

But it seemed that Jaemin and Jeno were not the only ones to spy.

"Uncle Haechannie, what are we-"
"Yunhee, I'll need you to be quiet right now okay?"

The uncle-niece duo who were clearly meant to be at home, had somehow found their way to the cafe.

YUNHEE- Why?
HAECHAN- You have watched the James Bond movies?
YUNHEE- No?

HAECHAN- Yeah, your father would kill me if I did. But what I can tell you about them is *wears shades* our presence in this room shall be carried to the grave. You get me?
YUNHEE- But why are we here? Dad told us to be at home-
HAECHAN- Look closely, who's that?

Yunhee peered from behind the window to see her father.

YUNHEE- That's dad-
HAECHAN- And?
YUNHEE- MS.-
HAECHAN- SHHH! Don't yell.
YUNHEE- Sowwy- that's Ms. Na-
HAECHAN- Exactly, so don't you want to know if Ms. Na has a good chance of being your mother or no?
YUNHEE- I wouldn't mind, she's nice and brings me chocolates! 
HAECHAN- Kid you would sell out your father's love life for chocolate- honestly same. But- still- for your age that's a highly problematic and sadistic thought- 

YUNHEE- So Ms. Na can be my momma?
HAECHAN- We'll have to investigate, that, that's why we are here. Now let's go. 

~~~~~

"Hello, welcome to The Somewhere Cafe, what may I get for you to...day-"

As if Jisung's day couldn't get any weirder.

Jisung was met by two men, one with a normal face mask, while the other wore a pink ski mask and black sunglasses.

"Was the ski mask necessary Jaemin-" Jeno whispered smiling with sarcasm. "Try being a celebrity and you'll know." Jaemin returned sassily. 

"Sir..?" Jisung enquired to which Jeno nodded. "Yes, uh- I'll have a matcha latte and this gentleman will have an americano--"

"With 6 shots." The flamingo head with sunglasses said, Jeno letting out a sigh. Jisung's eyes widened. "Sorry..? S-Six-- uh okay got it. Would you like to have it here or--"

"Okay, how long have you been here..." Jaemin looked at the name tag on the barista's apron. "...Park Jisung?" 

JENO- Wait- Park Jisung? Did Na Shinhye tutor you in high school perhaps?
JISUNG- Uh- yeah? Do you know me?
JENO- I was her batch mate, we went to college together?
JISUNG- Ah, so you are her friend. Nice to meet you. 

Jisung said, giving a tight lipped smile and nodding his head.

JAEMIN- OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH INTRODUCTIONS CAN WE MOVE ON WITH THIS? How long has Shinhye been sitting here?
JISUNG- It's been 10-15 minutes, roughly? You are.. her friend?
JAEMIN- I'm her brother.

Jisung nodded, but his eyes widened realized who Shinhye's brother was.

JISUNG- Are you- like- t-the Na Jaemin- no pfft it can't be like- nO WAY- give me a second- 

Jisung ran inside, screamed, and returned.

JISUNG- OMGHIHELLODON'TMINDMEMYWORDSKINDAGETFUMPLEDACROSS-
JAEMIN- ...
JISUNG- I can't believe this- I'm sorry its- I am a huge fan eheh. I knew you were noona's brother but I didn't want to disturb your privacy so I didn't ask further- Heh.
JAEMIN- Thank you for the appreciation and respect. You are adorable.

Jaemin said, an audible smile of gratitude in his voice, patting Jisung's head. As if Jisung hadn't already died and been reincarnated from the surprise. 

JAEMIN- Okay so listen- can we get a good hiding spot somewhere around here?
JISUNG- A hiding spot?
JAEMIN- Yeah, and I should be able to look at their table.
JISUNG- Uhm- you wish to spy on her...?
JAEMIN- I just need to know a few things. So?

~~~~

"This is the perfect spot, good job Yunhee."

Haechan patted his niece's head as they were crouched behind the empty counter in the sitting area. Yunhee had suggested it. What could he say? He was a proud uncle.

Haechan observed his best friend closely. That had to be the broadest smile he had seen on his face in a while. Not that he was against that, he just wanted to make sure the smile doesn't turn into a frown real quick. 

YUNHEE- Uncle, doesn't dad look so pretty when he smiles? He has a very pretty smile. 

Yunhee said, grinning. She really meant it. And she was clearly not wrong. Renjun had one of the rarest yet the prettiest of all smiles. 

HAECHAN- He sure does. Okay how about we move a bit to the left so we can get a clearer view?
YUNHEE- Okay!

Haechan and Yunhee shifted to the side silently, only to bump into two other individuals. One in specific the uncle-niece duo recognized.

HAECHAN- ...no way.

~~~~

"Thanks Jisung."
"Anytime, hyung. Just in case you guys get caught, please don't tell Hye noona that I helped you out. I do remember how she used to scold me when I did not pay attention- it was... scary."
"Oh don't worry, we won't."

Jeno and Jaemin slowly proceeded towards the counter, and indeed, Jaemin had a clear view of her sister talking with great interest to a rather handsome guy: the same one he had seen yesterday.

JENO- Have to admit, he is quite handsome. 
JAEMIN- Yeah right whatever. It's always the handsome guys, you don't trust them okay?
JENO- You know the most commonly used word for you on the social platform is "handsome"?
JAEMIN- ...thats different. Now, can we scoot aside?

Jeno and Jaemin shifted across the counter, only to bump into someone.

The male they bumped into had brown hair and his eyes widened on seeing the two, and the child behind him had her mouth wide open.

HAECHAN- ...no way. NA JAEMIN?

And the scream was loud enough for them to know, they all were fucked.

~~~~