-008-

And if you feel the great dividing
I wanna be the one you're guiding
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way

- Somebody To You, BANNERS

~~~~~

"Okay so class, today we are going to be learning about- Yunhee, Junseo and Minyun, what are you three doing?"

It was the next week, and Shinhye noticed that the 'quiet' kids from yesterday had gotten much more talkative, more than her liking actually.

YUNHEE- Nothing Ms. Na!
JUNSEO- Exactly, we aren't doing anything fo-
MINYUN- SHUT IT DUMBO.
SHINHYE- Language, Ms. Yoon. 
MINYUN- Sowwy.
SHINHYE- This would be my final time asking you three to maintain discipline in class, you can always talk during recess, hmm? And also, I will not be hearing any rude words here. That goes for everyone. Am I clear?

EVERYONE- YES MS. NA!
SHINHYE- Okay getting back to the topic, we are going to read a story today called...

<<<After the class>>>

"That's all, for today. Please do your assignment at home, I will be collecting your workbooks for checking at the end of this week. Now you may leave for recess so see you later!"

All the kids left and Shinhye let out a sigh of relief. She had brought packed lunch today, so she could stay back and do some pending work at the school. She wouldn't want to do this all the time though. Just like the students, the teachers were already in their own little groups, and she hadn't really gotten to know anyone yet. So instead of going to the teacher's lounge, she decided to eat lunch in the empty classroom. It wasn't a problem, she was used to being alone. 

"Ms. Na?" 

Shinhye looked over at the direction of the voice. To her surprise, it was Yunhee. 

SHINHYE- Yunhee? Can I help you with something?
YUNHEE- No, Ms. Na. I just wanted to ask, are you eating lunch alone?

Shinhye was taken aback with the concern in the voice. 

SHINHYE- Seems like it sweetheart. Well anyways, you can go on for recess, I'm pretty sure you are starving.

Yunhee frowned. 

YUNHEE- Ms. Na, my dad always says that we should not eat any meal alone. So you cannot eat lunch alone.

What a lovely father, Shinhye thought. 

Yunhee had always been of such praises of Renjun, and Shinhye had heard all of it. In her head she had a very good impression of the parent. 

SHINHYE- Your dad has taught you very well dear.
YUNHEE- If you think that, then you shouldn't eat lunch alone either. I will eat lunch with you. 
SHINHYE- But don't you have your friends at recess? Go on Yunhee, I'll manage-
YUNHEE- Didn't you say that you are our friend? And we also learnt friends should always help each other out!

In the darkest of times, even a little match seems like a ray of hope. In the times when you are falling, there is that mattress which stops you from getting hurt. That is what most people live for. 

In Shinhye's case, it was Yunhee. The child as that little match, that soft comfy mattress. 

Shinhye was still hesitant of having lunch with her 5 year old student, but Yunhee didn't budge from her decision. The former had never thought in all her years that a student will come up to her and offer to eat lunch with her, but the latter was about to change that.