Chapter 45.5

Emman hit the breaks while I am still reversing the film of my AE-1 program camera.

"We're here Ari..."

Missing the chance of finishing what I was doing, I halfway twirl my head across the window, to see where we at.

My eyes promptly widened to what I saw.

"Omg..." I looked at him, flabbergasted.

Being always the timid, cool tempered guy he is, he just nodded twice with a proud smile on his face.

"Yeah, we're actually here. And yes, I do remember." He gently whispered in my ear. I almost felt a tingling sensation in my tummy, feeling the warmth of his breath against my skin.

Naramdaman kong pumulupot sa beywang ko ang magkabilang braso niya.

"Happy anniversary my love. I know, I know this ain't much—"

"Are you kidding me?! It ain't much?! Oh come on—"

"Shh, just let me finish first okay?" Tapik niya pa sa tungki ng ilong ko.

I just pouted. Jeez, kinikilig pa'rin talaga ako sakaniya hanggang ngayon.

Naka harap ako sa'kaniya habang naka back hug siya sa'kin. Kaya't kitang kita ko ang prominenteng facial features niya dahil ilang inches lang ang pagitan ng mga mukha namin.

"I had a last minute idea when I remembered this place..." he took a quick glance to the entrance gate of the amusement park in front of us. "...I know that this is just the cheapest place we could spend our anniversary day together, but believe me, this place carries the most expensive memories I had with you back in junior years." His arms tighten his embrace and pull me even closer.

"I'm not sure if you still remember our memories here, but trust me, I remember it so clearly. This was the place where it had all began..."

My heart almost burst through my ribcage. I was waiting for him to continue what he was saying.

But I was too excited, so I asked.

"Began what?"

He gradually turn his gaze at me and look me in the eye. His eyes were glistening in vulnerability. He was looking at me intimately, so intimate that my stomach felt butterflies in it.

"That was the day I looked at you differently. The day I started admiring you."

Wow.

I-I just, God, I couldn't speak. I can't even breathe. My God is he for real? Am I hearing it right or am I just dreaming?! Because what he said— no, no, no, that can't be true! That was years ago!

"W-wha— wait, I, Emman I don't, uh— I don't get it—"

Grabe ang kaba sa dibdib ko habang siya naman ay pagak lang na natawa.

I'm serious here! My goodness! He was confessing to me! I just can't believe it! Does it really mean that he already likes me even way back then?! Was that it?! Was my whole thinking of him hating me the whole time was a big mistake?! Goodness gracious Galves you are so killing me!

"I liked you Aria, okay? The first time we've been here together, it was the time I realized I really liked you. No, in fact, I was fascinated, I was so over you."

"Oh shut up—"

"No, really, I'm serious." Tinitigan niya ako at seryoso ang mga mata niya.

I swear to all the gods, I am look like an over ripped tomato in front of him right now. Kinikilig ako!

"How is that even possible? You don't even look at me. I mean, you never talked, or at least respond to my messages before. That's impossible, what are you saying—"