Chapter 40

Hawak hawak niya ang kamay ko habang magkapanabay naming tinatahak ang daan patungo sa likod ng hotel, sa tabing dagat.

Beyond any doubt, I was unable to speak the moment I saw how beautiful the scenery in front of me was.

The sun is just about to set and when I looked down my toes, I saw bunch of red rose petals scattered on the sand. Also, there's a battery operated candles straight ahead, making a pathway that connects to the cedar-framed gazebo. It's an octagon gazebo, painted in pearl white blended with an ash gray roof, it also has table setting on the center and a fancy metal cross-back event chair for two.

There are also short banderitas all over the gazebo, and what makes it more aesthetic; are the wires covered with fairy light bulbs, astonishingly hanging all over the place.

My heart almost did a back flip just by the sight if it. With a mixed excitement and enthusiasm with a hint of anticipation scrawling through my veins, I decided to stop walking, and so does make Emmanuel. My feet were glued on where I stand as I taken the time appreciating this whole alluring sight in front of me.

But before I could utter something out of fascination, I felt Emman hugging me directly from behind and rest his chin on my narrow shoulder.

I couldn't find the right words to say, and all I could do is close my eyes as I savor the moment we have now. The enthralling view of the most exquisite sun set I've ever seen my whole life, and the proximity of our bodies are enough to send butterflies floating around my stomach.

I opened my eyes when I felt the heaviness of his breath.

"Do you like it?" He then kissed my cheek.

"I-I uh." I resisted the urge to cry the moment I realized how magical this day is, and how it's surely going to be one of the most memorable days of my life. "You know, back then, crazy as it may sound but... I used to dream about having you beside me, holding you this close, touching your black curly and nicely textured hair as I torture your ears by throwing you the corniest jokes I could have, I know somehow it's still gonna make you laugh." I heard him chuckle. "And I just kept on dreaming of having to witness your smile that surely could give me a heart attack. Those daydreams felt so real that it makes so hard for me to distinguish whether this day is just a merely sort of it or a part of my beautifully-flipped reality that my mind refused to comprehend. I'm still at awe that until now I still couldn't believe it's already happening. We, are already happening. It's just... It's beyond good to be true, I guess."

Naramdaman kong humigpit ang yakap niya sa bewang ko at mas isinubsob ang mukha sa aking leeg.

"You are making me feel guilty, Aria. I could've done this to you the whole time! God knows you deserve more than this." I felt sadness and sincerity in his voice.

I brushed my fingers through his hair.

"There's nothing to be guilty about, okay? Being with you today is more than enough for me. This whole setting is just adding it up. But you is already enough."

He turned my body to face him before he nicely kissed my nose bridge which I find very cute.

"I love you." He said eyeing me, making me smile in an instant.

I shoved off the strands of his hair on his forehead, using my index finger. "I love you more." I replied.

"No, I love you more." He grimaced.

He held my hand once again, and we continue walking towards the gazebo.

"Shut up, we both know the truth and I love you more." I refused to let him win.